What separates MARSOC from Rangers equipment wise?
Create Post

What separates MARSOC from Rangers equipment wise?

had read from another Marine that the army gets about 34 percent of the budget compared to the Corps. With a percentage of about 4 percent. Whether this is true I know the army has more advanced equipment does this include for the special forces side as well?

Similar Threads:

That's a tough question to answer. As far as "heard from another Marine" goes; I'd probably double check those figures from a verifiable source before believing them. I'm just saying, some dude in the barracks isn't exactly connected with the Pentagon's budget management folks.

It's true the USMC, as a whole, gets the smallest slice of the defense budget pie (because it's the smallest service). We have always had to get by with less and are accustomed to getting everyone's leftovers. Marines are notorious for stealing what they need from the Army and Navy.

When it comes to MARSOC and Army Rangers however, I believe SOCOM may have it's own budget as it's a joint command made up of all the services. Special Operations receives a lot of attention these days so I'm willing to bet it's funded adequately. Don't know for sure. Good question. Normally not easy to find answers about SOCOM - as it should be.

the numbers given by the marine, was making his case towards his competitor via the Internet but that was just to show that we do get the less of everything

Credits
    Savings
    Marines have always been expected to locate whatever they need
    SOF. Marines intensify this pattern

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You can't compare the two really....different branches, different missions, etc, etc....and MARSOCs budget doesn't come from that small cut the Corps gets....MARSOC gets funding from SOCOM directly from DoD

When it comes to the budget, the Marine Corps as a whole has always been like the red headed stepchild to the Army budget.However the Marine Corps seems to always make due with what they get.

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We alway got more of the green weeny ooh rah

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bayonet Lugs on our Rifles & ShotGuns + the Wood Handled E-Tools...Mess w/the Best Die like the Rest...Git Sum Sempers

Thread Information