What to do with my cover - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    I didn't hear the term "FOB" till after I got out. Boot.

Just kidding Joe. We're all boot to somebody, and OP is boot to ERRYBODY Hahahaha!
    hahaha...it's cool, as a Sgt I take that as term endearment from anyone who I am a "boot" to....not many around except for some senior SNCO's who are more salty than me

Yeah we'll wait till you pick up a rocker and I start busting your balls for being a lifer and for having turned in all your common sense at supply!

WOW , how did We go from Cover to Deployment to picking up a Rocker, All in one posting ? Boy, You all sure have been drinking this Weekend. S/F

Ever been around a bunch of bored Marines standing in a circle at the smoke pit? Yeah, this is kinda like that but without the potential to get snagged for a working party.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Ever been around a bunch of bored Marines standing in a circle at the smoke pit? Yeah, this is kinda like that but without the potential to get snagged for a working party.
    "well that escalated quickly"......if only we could post about some of the topics that get discussed in the smoke pit

There have been balls where they tell me covers arent required so I wont even bring it. Ultra $hitbag mode activated.

As old Marine stated, back in the day we always carried our wallet and our smokes in our sock while wearing our dress greens or the blues as well, I guess. To carry your wallet in your sock seems to be funny to some, but back in the day only a slovenly disrespectful Marine would carry his wallet or smokes in his dress uniform pocket. I guess times change.

To answer the OP's question, carry a weapon on you and you can wear your cover all the time, Marine under arms, or maybe that's changed as well. I never got to go to the ball so I have no idea of what's required.

Nope, times haven't changed. It's still considered the height of sg!tbaggery to carry stuff in the pockets of your uniform. "Makes you look unprofessional" they say.

Holding up up the line at the bar while you dig your wallet out of your sock so that you can pay for your drink is pretty unprofessional, says I. Plus I've got a much greater chance of losing sh!t with it stuffed in my sock. Eff that, said a salty Lcpl Mick. Fortunately after two tours I was fresh out of fvcks to give when it came to dumbass garrison "rules" that nobody ever bothered to write down anywhere.

Like hands in pockets. Show me the Marine Corps order that says if my dick skinners get cold, I can't warm them up in the pockets of my cammies. Even if there is an official order, that's just foolishness.

Nope, times haven't changed. It's still considered the height of sg!tbaggery to carry stuff in the pockets of your uniform. "Makes you look unprofessional" they say.

Holding up up the line at the bar while you dig your wallet out of your sock so that you can pay for your drink is pretty unprofessional, says I. Plus I've got a much greater chance of losing sh!t with it stuffed in my sock. Eff that, said a salty Lcpl Mick. Fortunately after two tours I was fresh out of fvcks to give when it came to dumbass garrison "rules" that nobody ever bothered to write down anywhere.

Like hands in pockets. Show me the Marine Corps order that says if my dick skinners get cold, I can't warm them up in the pockets of my cammies. Even if there is an official order, that's just foolishness.
    I'd say its pretty unprofessional, besides who would want that smelly money or whatever it is you are retrieving from your sock. Ill admit it there are times i carry some stuff in my pocket but i mainly just carry it in my hands, or wear a tanker jacket.

A tanker jacket? In dress blue bravos? Maybe things HAVE changed, lol.

I had had pockets seen into the liner of my majestic boat cloak, sh!t was the bees knees.

I was referring to Service uniforms.

You're right. OP should be going to this wedding in chalphas anyway. It's the boot thing to do.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You're right. OP should be going to this wedding in chalphas anyway. It's the boot thing to do.
    kinda straying off topic but.....I was in a wedding for a buddy(Marine)....silkies, skivvy shirt, and shower shoes...no joke

was a small wedding, immediate friends and family at a hotel pool....i wish i could find a picture of it

I wish you could find a picture too. Only because I wanna see you in silkies there stud

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I wish you could find a picture too. Only because I wanna see you in silkies there stud
    I'll admit I kinda have chicken legs but I do look damn good in a pair of silkies!

Thread Information