MARPAT Trousers and Danner RATS? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have to agree with silveradomick, they are just pants. heck I know people that go hunting in the woodland set(without EGA's on em. But I also agree that buying them would be a waiste of money unless you really wanted to own them prior to bootcamp. As for the RAT boots. Also a big waiste of money. Any old boot would do. But i recomend just running in regular shoes and and regular runnign clothes. you dont run THAT MUCH in boot camp in boots and utes(other then to the quarter deck or when they make you run across the drill field because your senior screwed up marching but blames you anyways) by the time you would get to the whole fied bit of it, you would be accustomed to wearing the uniform that you wont notice a difference.
    As long as there is no EGA have fun buying what you want

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    that was my point, why pretend? Just run/ or wear dress blues at home when you sit down to dinner, so you can keep pretending you're in the Corps/ priorities

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Hey, go all the way with fantasy. eat run sleep in dress blues!

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    yeah, bros, its nuttin. Just bizarre.

If you decide to run in Danner RATs, be prepared for the nasty blisters. They're infamous for tearing feet apart during break in. Never seen so many sad Naval Academy graduates than when we went on our initial 6 mile hump and they all bought RATs the weekend before it. The OCS and MECEP guys all wore the issued Bates & Bellvilles and, well, we were pretty much OK!

well come Oct 2016 the only authorized footwear is going to be RAT boots. Which I am entirely thrilled about... NOT!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    well come Oct 2016 the only authorized footwear is going to be RAT boots. Which I am entirely thrilled about... NOT!
    I will still be wearing my salty combat boots..until a 1st Sgt of higher tells me to take them off

Yeah, that's stupid. RAT boots suck and I like my Beleville jungles. By that time, I'll hopefully be granted my conditional release to go pursue a commission elsewhere.

I remember switching from black Jungles and ICB's to the Belleville roughouts. The gripes were exactly the same. For what it's worth, I rocked black jungle boots and tri-color woodlands for as long as I could possibly get away with it. I wore the old style tan desert boots for even longer, because they were like slippers having spent so much time in them.

Thread Information