Pre deployment in 29 Palms
Create Post

Exclamation Pre deployment in 29 Palms

Well my boyfriend got sent to 29 palms California we cant get a hold of him or the offices in 29 palms . His family would like to know if there able to go visit him . Hes there for pre deployment and there not sure of whats going on . Do any of you have any answers ? It would really help .

Similar Threads:

If he is in what you refer to as 'pre-delpoyment' I would surmise that he (his unit) may be incommunicado for some obvious reasons.
    Much to prepare for mentally and physically.....if I'm understanding the term correctly.
    Personally, I wouldn't expect family visits to be part of their scheduling but I'm just guessing.

You didn't say how long he's been in this 'pre-deployment'?

Carry on....

He just got there like days ago and his family hasnt heard from him but they dont know if its because theres bad service there or because hes just not allowed to comunicate with us .

Quote Originally Posted by Bricast23 View Post
    He just got there like days ago and his family hasnt heard from him but they dont know if its because theres bad service there or because hes just not allowed to comunicate with us .
    Well....that's no time at all to not hear from a Marine in training.
    I'd guess he will contact you when he can as I'm sure he'd like the family visit like everyone else.

I don't now how built up 29 Palms is now.
    But...I spent over 2 weeks there (summer 1967) on a field Op and it was in the middle of nowhere and nothing but desert.
    So...if his scenario is the same family visits are not on the training itinerary until it's over.

I'm just being realistic...but, maybe others will chime in with a more cheery opinion.

Back to it.....

Thankyou So Much For Your Help , I Really Appreciate It (:

My Son is stationed there and they can't get real good cell signal , it is in the middle of nowhere and nothing but desert. Don't even know if there are PAY Phones used anymore ? best of luck to You.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    If he is there for "pre-deployment"/ITX, no you will not be able to contact him unless he can catch some of the crappy wi-fi at the warriors club and jump on his phone. And no you cannot go visit him, civilians aren't authorized out at Camp Wilson where he is at.

It sounds like he's on an unaccompanied business trip. You can't visit him out there. And if you did show up, he's got no time to see anyone. Nose to the grinder, performing his craft. Strictly business, and nothing personal.

cut the cord, i get it maybe this is the first time he hasnt been able to respond to people. There is a reason that he cant communicate 1 OPSEC, 2 if he is on pre deployment work ups he has no time to do anything else his life and everyone else's around him depends on him being able to do his job. If hge gets pre deployment leave you will see him then.

It's a business trip. They are busy putting out a product. Just business, nothing else.

Allow me to rephrase this. Your boyfriend is on a business trip. He was selected into a top organization known to the world as an elite corporation. The reason for which he was selected is only known to few that have ventured into the corporate realm. The "ELITE" corporate realm.
    The end product of this organization is national security. It is called the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. They have their hands in everything you can think of. Aviation, Supply, Logistics, Culinary, Computers, Motor Transportation, Armored Vehicles, Radar Repair, Administration, the list goes on and on.
    They are guaranteed to get more BANG FOR THE BUCK with Uncle Sam. Projectiles this quarter into the future is guaranteed to be RIGHT ON TARGET. With extreme ambition to rid itself of any competition They are DEADLY ACCURATE in all their adventures.
    These fine outstanding young men with clean cut haircuts and outstanding suits are like no other. They smell good with clean MENNEN'S after shave lotion can turn that after shave lotion into cleaning compound, to wipe counters and kitchens to make them smell good. Why not? It's after all ALCOHOL. They make use of what little they have and all in the quest to turn out their end product. To make do with the little they have and to utilize their intelligence to which they were hired to use. NASA Astronauts would be proud of them and believe or not, SOME ARE or have been.
    Your boyfriend currently in per-deployment status fits the criteria for the end product result. I suggest you allow him time to contact you when the time deems necessary.
    I can suggest to you that he is thinking about you wholeheartedly and will contact you when the time is ripe. He is on a business trip. Strictly business.

he hasn't contacted you all due to the signal; lil to none, was out there 2 months ago and the only signal you can get a lil more than the second best is AT&T second Sprint , the Wifi has many malfunctions due to so many of us trying to connect but once is running he will contact you, once out of Camp Wilson signal can either zero out or increase to its potential

Thread Information