One time marijuna use. About one month before potentially shipping out
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One time marijuna use. About one month before potentially shipping out

Hello ladies and gentlemen

I messed up..
    About a week ago (sept 6. 2015) i was at a friends house and I was stupid enough to smoke marijuna. It was stupid of me to try it and seriously regret my decission. my ship date should be Oct 13. 2015 and I have an IST September 13. 2015.

My recruiter told me about a month ago I should be going to meps sometime before I ship for what he said would be a check up. I am assuming the meps doctors and liaisons will be checking to see if anything has changed since I was last there. Other than the one incident.
    On a side note. With this check up will I be doing Everything all over again? Brethalyzer. Bloodwork. Physical. Hearing and vision and of course the urinalysis.

My whole enlistment process has been a long and drawn out experience. And I feel like I've now screwed everything up..

Will I be getting drug tested? Will I be disqualified ? How do waivers work? Would this bar me from doing certain jobs in the marine corps in relation to security clearances and such. That is, if I'm not already f***ed.. Thank you in advance for any answers and sorry if my question was long or drawn out

Similar Threads:

Urinalysis for sure (and another when you hit the recruit depot). Don't know about a full-blown physical with lab/blood work. Have heard it stays in your system for 30 days. If you're a religious person, you better start praying real hard.

You're done. You'll pop on the MEPS urinalysis, and the recruiter will take your paperwork and put it through the shredder. Good job. I hope it was worth it. Like Top said, it you're a praying man, start praying. However, the results might weaken your faith (you are most definitely done).

One of our 14 leadership traits is "decisiveness" (ability to make quick and accurate decisions). You need to seriously ask yourself if you possess this trait.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    March yourself to your recruiters office and tell him that you have no business becoming a Marine

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I wanna be a Marine since I was six. But then I stole a car, or smoked weed, or used heroin. What are my chances? Questions like this are interesting. What is 2 plus 2?

What a dumb ass! Don't let the door hit you in the ass! The Corps doesn't need you!

Bottom Line: You probably beat the system at some point during the recruiting phase; so you figured you could do it again. Gotcha!

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Ladies and gentlemen ?

How about " Marines " !!!

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Jimmy, he coulda been high when he posted that.

How about drinking up a whole can of pickle juice or vinegar and swallow up some niacin tablets before you go to the MEPS. Then, when you pass, you can celebrate by lighting up another bone.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen ?

How about " Marines " !!!
    not defending this turd in any way but I don't see anything wrong with "ladies and gentleman"...its professional, polite, courteous, respectful, etc...

It's better than "hey guys!"...which i see too often

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    How about drinking up a whole can of pickle juice or vinegar and swallow up some niacin tablets before you go to the MEPS. Then, when you pass, you can celebrate by lighting up another bone.
    lets not give him any ideas..he already did one stupid thing

I think we all can look back and see some stupid things we all have done. Only advice I could give this guy is to avoid taking a whiz quiz any time soon, like avoid going to MEPS somehow. Did he sign papers? Did he take oath yet?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    Did he sign papers? Did he take oath yet?
    no, he said he ships out on October 13th....he cannot avoid MEPs that day and will take a pi$$ test

Yes we all did do stupid stuff, but I can almost be certain none of us did while we were waiting to ship out to bootcamp....we were already Marines or civilians before joining, it wasn't drug use either

I never took a **** test until I got to Parris Island. When I was going through MEPS the only branch that didnt **** were Marines. I do know that a few weeks before graduation they pulled about six guys from my platoon that ****ed hot and they were dropped.

Thread Information