am i ready physically?
Create Post

am i ready physically?

Hello marines i really just had one question, am i ready physically? my name is devin and i have been enlisted for about 10 months now i enlisted at 250 pounds and have made it down to 188. my first run time was 13:50 and my pull ups were 0 and my crunches were in the 20's. now im running a 10:32 IST and doing nearly 100 crunches and 6 to 7 pull ups, i really just want to know if you think im ready for this? i leave june 22nd which is this coming sunday

Similar Threads:

I think you are ok physically. You have been working out for 10 months, and boot camp will just kick it into high gear. You are probably ahead of the game in that respect.

Most fail mentally. Don't give up on yourself and more importantly, don't give up on the guy next to you. Report back in 3 months and let us know how you did.

You will have one additional motivating factor at bootcamp to help you - a DI's #10 boot.

Read the similar threads below your question for further guidance and good luck.

you will probably do fine. Boot camp isnt doing what it was designed to do which is weed out the week. Now if someone gets dropped it is the Drill Instructors fault and they have to document the steps they took to not drop you. The Marine Corps is ever changing it has changed since ive been in and I havent been in that long and it isnt always for the better.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    By reading your post I have to ask you OP......"Do you think you are ready to do the physical rigors of boot camp?"

The question is good and you have come along way in the ten months.........

Boot camp is primarily mental.........prepare your brain housing group....

Motivation is from within....motivate your mind....body and heart and you will do well and achieve the Semper Fi heart!

Good luck!

Thread Information