Moral Waiver Interview - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Great news. Thanks for keeping us updated.

You got the opportunity you are looking for. Congratulations. Now, don't muck it up.

Marine Friend Free Member KevinTRyan's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I may be asking too much at this point but when it came to picking my job (which is very limited due to my moral waiver) I was pretty much limited to combat and mechanic jobs. I picked Combat Arms as my first choice and Combat support as my second choice but ended up getting my third or fourth choice which is Combat Vehicle Repair. I was pretty discouraged when I heard this news because I've wanted to do infantry from day one and I quite frankly working on vehicles isn't something I like to do, in fact whenever I need to fix tractors or vehicles on the farm I work at I hate every second of it.

When I asked my recruiter if it was possible to extend my ship date (November 16th) to a later date to try and get my first or second choice he became very hostile and even said he would make sure to discharge me from the DEP and make sure I have no chance of ever enlisting into the Marine Corps again if I don't take that job and ship date.

What do you think? I want to be a Marine more than anything else, but I want to be in a combat related field equally. I just can't fathom the idea of being a mechanic for the duration of my Marine Corps career. I understand that during peace time Infantry isn't needed as much but there's no way that slots just cease to exist completely. Could I maybe try and trade with another poolee from my RS? My father who served 4 years in the Navy and 4 years in the Army as Field Artillery doesn't think I should take the job if its not something I will hate the entire time, but I fought so hard for this waiver for two years I'm afraid to get discharged for asking for a Combat job.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Combat arms and combat support are combat related fields...not sure what the problem is..??..

chances of you seeing any combat even in an infantry MOS is pretty slim, we aren't in combat anywhere so....

do you want to be a Marine or not??.....take what you can get, just cuz you're a mechanic doesnt mean you'll be bent over or underneath a vehicle turning wrenches all day

Marine Friend Free Member KevinTRyan's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello Marines. So I just graduated and am finally a basically trained Marine. Quite the story from not being able to get a waiver and struggling to find a recruiter that would help me and get the Mos I wanted.

It it ended up being completely worth it and I ended up graduating as the Company Honor Graduate for Lima Company (PLT 3020) 20160304

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTRyan View Post
    Hello Marines. So I just graduated and am finally a basically trained Marine. Quite the story from not being able to get a waiver and struggling to find a recruiter that would help me and get the Mos I wanted.

It it ended up being completely worth it and I ended up graduating as the Company Honor Graduate for Lima Company (PLT 3020) 20160304
    Congratulations Marine.. and welcome to the family..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So your last post after replying and keeping us all updated was 8-10-15 when you were still a Marine friend. You never posted your excitement on becoming a Poolee and posting all the time like you were until that date. You never came back and asked all these months to have your status changed to " Poollee/DEP " so you could post in the Recruit forums here.

Suddenly you return as a newly minted Marine as of yesterday and the words you chose were " Basically Trained Marine "

Didn't see a " Semper Fi " anywhere at the end of your post.

Anyhow, Congrats Marine.

Thread Information