Chances of Re-Enlisting RE-3P JFV1
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chances of Re-Enlisting RE-3P JFV1

Hi all,

In September 2010 (4.5 years ago) I enlisted in Marine Reserves 0321 recon from my home state of Hawaii at age 19. Everything happened fast and within 3-4 weeks of meeting a recruiter I was shipped off to bootcamp with no prior knowledge of what to expect. I was only in bootcamp about 4-5 weeks total and during my first 2 weeks I developed stress fractures of both femurs which made it extremely painful to attempt running the 3 miles marines was running per day sometimes. Unfortuantely this made me infamous between all drill instructors who know who I was in in different platoons even and they thought I was faking it but when the doctor saw the X-ray he noticed a lot of black spots on my femurs from stress induced leading to possible fractures if continued.

So I was sent into rehab platoon MCRB I think it was called to heal up and stayed there for about 2 weeks and did physical therapy ice stretching etc while there. I was basically just sitting there waiting to heal so I could get back into training days with a platoon. I was feeling sad because my legs werent healing and I was unable to run I didnt know how long I was going to be there so I made some stupid choices and cut the top of my wrist with some super ficial cuts via razor blade to make a scene and get attention. I had to talk with a few people and pastors etc and I told them I didn't think I would kill myself but could possibly harm myself due to my situation I was in. I felt stuck and resorted to those choices that I still carry with me today almost 5 years later.

I have a huge packet of papers I was given during my discharge that document my visit to the doctors etc and their comments on my mental status that I kept with me along with my DD214.

I was discharged after about 35 days total from arriving at bootcamp (October 18th - November 23rd) with the following information on my DD214:

Type of Seperation: Discharge
    Character of Service: General
    Seperation Code: JFV1
    REENTRY CODE: RE-3P
    Narrative Reason for Separation: Condition Not a Disability

the top of my other packet says: Convenience of the Goverment 6303.2 COG Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood.

"Stress Fractures to right and left femur. Expressed suicidal ideations to his senior drill instructors. Refused sign contract for safety and was observed by MHU. Was diagnosed with adjustment disorder with depressed mood by clinical psychologist and recommended to be processed for ELS to prevent risky of injury to himself. i concur with recommendation for ELS due to his medical diagnosis which renders him unqualified to continue in recruit training. "

Yea I know this is a long post and I'm sorry if it was too long but I thought if anyone had a chance to take a look at see if theres any chances of getting back in. Since then I've worked at several places held a stable job for 1+ year , became a certified fitness trainer by ISSA and started my own part time entrepreneur business. I have this feeling in my gut to try to get back and finish what I started even if I cant get back in with the USMC some military branch that will give me a second chance to fix my wrongs. All in all I'm thankful for the opportunity I had and I think looking back had I not gotten those stress fractures and was able to keep up with everyone else in bootcamp training I would have gotten a lot farther but when I was barely able to march without pain I knew things were looking grim. Right now I'm all healed up and havent had any injuries since then my weight is the same as when I left so all good there I've been a good civillian since leaving.

I sincerely appreciate anyone having the time to read this long post have a blessed day