I am looking for SSgt R. O. Reed, Platoon Commader, Platoon 3072 Sep-Nov 1967
Create Post

Question I am looking for SSgt R. O. Reed, Platoon Commader, Platoon 3072 Sep-Nov 1967

Anyone have any idea what happened to my Drill Instructor/Platoon Commander, SSgt R.O. Reed. My Platoon graduated on Nov 20, 1967 from MCRD San Diego. I just wanted to tell Platoon Commander Reed how much he meant to me over the years. He was the biggest part of Marine Corps Boot Camp changing me forever. He built a fire under us and built one inside of us that burned forever.

Similar Threads:

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    I will comment for another Marine that cannot get on LN right now, due to what ever is going on with the website. My friend had SSgt. Reed for a platoon commander from Dec.67 till Feb. 68. He got in touch with his daughter and grand daughter after looking for him for years. He wanted to tell him the same thing you do. My friends name on LN is mongoose. He must have been in the platoon right behind yours. SSgt, Reed died in 2007 after retiring as a Regimental Sgt.Mgr. Here is a photo sent to mongoose from his daughter. Click image for larger version

Name:	randy.png
Views:	134
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	28564There are 2 other Marines that had SSgt. Reed as their Plt. Commander here on LN.

Thanks so much joseywales for your reply to my post and the photograph of Regimental Sgt Major Reed! I am sorry I waited so long to reach out and contact him.

Thread Information