MOS Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOS Question

It's difficult for a civilian to know if their recruiter is being honest and straight up. That's the reason he is here asking these questions of us - and none of us can say either way. If you find another one, what's to say they'll be any different. Recruiters all network and they'll know who is out there recruiter shopping - not a good label to have. It does work sometimes but I would not recommend it.

In todays environment, just being qualified is not always good enough. Recruiters can pick-n-choose who they're going to give a contract to. The USMC has not had a problem meeting it's recruiting goals for several years. They still have quotas to make but the emphasis today is more on quality than quantity. The CMC just underlined that point in his 2015 planning guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    Anyone who signs a contract to enter the military is putting his community and country ahead of himself. However, this is no excuse for a recruiter to intentionally mislead a gullible applicant IOT make his quota. It’s unprofessional (in myhumble opinion). If 11xx was one of theMOS’ he chose, it’s a different story. His recruiter needs to explain that “you got this MOS, it’s not your top choice, but this is what you’ll get” and basically sell it to him. Not tell him “It’s basically the same thing.” That’s like us non infantry types telling grunts “were basically grunts.”
    but the 11xx could fall under the same contract..

I signed a DD contract when I joined the DEP and what falls under a DD contract is the 02xx field and the 26xx field (I still have a copy of my DEP contract had to go check it to make sure i was correctly informed.) So you may be misleading him and trying to have hgim go give his recruiter some crap when he had him sign the proper contract.

I dont know what contract he signed nbor do i know what MOS' fall under said contract there is a possibility the contract he signed is an 11XX / 13XX contract.

Telling him not to ship unless he gets his exact MOS as an AD applicant isnt going to happen hell if i was his recruiter and he came in yelling at me about the contract he signed (assuming he signed the correct one) id drop your @$$ and get a different applicant they are a dime a dozen they dont have to try as hard anymore for applicants. When I was in the DEP my recruiter was booked over quota for 6 months into the future.

Either way, everyone is assuming until he actually comes back here and builds on his original post. We'll never know exactly what he signed until he comes and says. But I saw things like this all too often; recruiter tells applicant one thing, knowing full well the applicant means another, just to make the qouta. We'll see the specifics when he comes back and clairifes his original post.

I'm going to ask for a copy of the MOS sign-up paper this Thursday so that I can clarify exactly what my MOS is.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paubel45 View Post
    I'm going to ask for a copy of the MOS sign-up paper this Thursday so that I can clarify exactly what my MOS is.
    you may not be contracted to a MOS field though, in which case both 13xx and 11xx could fall under a broader spectrum contract.

eg. getting contracted to combat support which consists of tanks/aavs(18xx) and artillery(08xx)

I think you're right. I believe I misunderstood the MOS I'm in. I pulled out a paper that states my qualifications for different jobs and found the MOS CM - 1100/1300 - Construction/Utilities Option. And I remember signing for the CM field. However, I'm still going to get a copy of my contract just to be sure.

You probably got one of these:
    (17) CM (CONSTRUCTION AND UTILITIES): 1161, 1171, 1345, 1361, 1371, 1391.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    You probably got one of these:
    (17) CM (CONSTRUCTION AND UTILITIES): 1161, 1171, 1345, 1361, 1371, 1391.
    this!

Yep, that's it. For some reason, I thought I was in Utilities only.

So I rescind my previous posts. Your recruiter did nothing wrong.

abd boom goes the dynamite dropping a jdam og knowledge days before the rest of the outfit comes

Thread Information