No workout gains
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No workout gains

I've been working out everyday for about a month and a half. I was making pretty decent gains up until last week.
    Heres what it looked like when I started
    1.5 Mile
    13:45
    Push Ups
    Sit Ups (No Time Limit)
    Pull Ups

I am a poolee right now and have been to every PT since I DEPed in. Heres my first IST score from Saturday Jan. 9th
    1.5 Mile
    10:37
    Sit Ups (2 min)
    Pull Ups

The only thing I improved on was my run. It was at 10:38 the week before.
    I run 1/4 mile intervals, do about 75 push ups, 200 sit ups, and 20 pull ups everyday.
    The only thing I drink is water and a protein shake and dont eat junk food.
    My goal is to have or be very close to what a 1st class PFT score would be when I leave for boot camp August 24th
    If you could give me any advise on what I could do to increase my gains it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

well for getting better at pull-ups the best way is to do pull ups. for me I can lift weights all day but doing pull-ups is the only way I got better at them. I would recommend pyramids. start at 1 then drop, then 2 then drop, then 3 then drop and so on until you get to 10 then go down 9 then drop, 8 then drop and so on. or just go till failure. do as many as you can, then rest for a min, then go again then rest and so on until you cant do anymore. for running I would recommend doing it with weight and if your really motivated uphill. that way when test day comes you are weightless and running on a flat surface making you fly. pushups once again you just got to do them. do diamond pushups those worked for me. you can also do Spartan pushups and Spiderman's. kind of hard to explain but if you look them up you might get a good description. good luck and Semper Fi

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Good advice. Good luck to you, Rhodes

I hope you are eating more than a protein shake. Why dont you take a break for a few days and come back. Your body will need time to rest and repair itself before you start to really see gains. Make sure that you are sleeping enough too.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    as was said before.....you need to be eating more than a protein shake!...junk food isn't a bad thing as long as it is not all you're eating every day.

like I posted in another wannabe's thread....there is no magic or science behind getting better at this stuff. it's all about pushing yourself past your comfort zone, eating properly, and resting

I guess I worded that wrong I do eat more than a protein shake. I try to eat fruit or a granola bar every hour or so between meals. But thanks guys I'll give all of this a shot.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Keep us up to date by updating this same thread. Good luck to you.

Will do thank you.

You may plateau for a bit but you need to keep working at it. As I said before in another persons thread a lot of the things you are lacking in it is all technique. Yes there is a lot of work involved too dont think im saying there is an easy way out but if you can find the proper technique along witht he hard work you will improve a lot.

Question about a vehicle before and after boot camp

I leave for boot camp August 24. I want to sell my truck before I go so it isn't just sitting around while I'm gone. Then when I graduate buy a new one while on leave. Would you guy recommend this? If not what would you?

Thanks Marines

Is your current truck paid off? Will it be sitting in a protected area? Is it in good shape? Depending on your MOS/schooling, it could be sitting for 6 months to a year. While at your MOS school, someone will have a car if you absolutely need one or need a ride. There is always a rental place close too.

If it is paid off(or close to being paid off) and protected, and in good shape, keep it. Properly prep it for storage so when you come home it is ready to go. When you come home on leave, the last thing you will want to do is go car shopping. Keep insurance on it, but have your agent change your driving status to part time/away at school status. Then when at home call up the agent to set up temporary coverage. It takes about 15 minutes. I am doing that with my son's car while he is in boot camp & school and it cut his coverage cost in half.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Agreed with the above post......if you do not have other resources and are planning on using take home pay from boot camp to help purchase and insure new vehicle....that you can't take to school......plus wait to see where your first duty station will be.......

Yes it is payed off and it is in fairly good shape but it has 184,xxx miles on it. Thats really why I wanted to sell it cause I think it would turn into a hand full after it has been sitting for a while. What I think I'll do is sell it then wait to see where I end up after boot camp and my MOS school then go look for a new truck.

Thanks help Marines

Now when you say "new truck" do you mean brand new or do you mean new to you?

I was thinking a newer diesel 2008 and up.

Thread Information