Is my recruiter telling me the truth or full of B.S?
Create Post

Is my recruiter telling me the truth or full of B.S?

Okay so today I finished up all my paper work to be sent and now waiting on the okay to get started up at MEPS and stuff and my recruiter has asked me a while ago to think about what I want to do in the Marine Corps. So I have done a lot of research and have taking a strong interest in becoming an air traffic controller, now all the different websites I have viewed and even marines in my family i have spoken with tell me that ofcourse I'd be able to do that and if the job is not available just wait it out until it is since as a reservist I atleast have that leeway to be able to choose the exact MOS i want and the mos numbers are between 7257 Air Traffic Controller or 7251 Air Traffic Controller Trainee. So when I told this to my recruiter he looked it up on what ever website recruiters look up the available jobs and said it was not available and that for certain MOS jobs are not offered to reservists because why would the USMC waste such a long schooling process for a certain MOS for someone who isnt training everyday, which makes sense but I just want to know if thats true since im reading it different on other sites that there are indeed air traffic controllers in the reserves and marines have told me the same thing. So my questions, is 7257 and 7251 an mos offered for reservists? Has anyone who started in the reserves went for these jobs and succeeded? He also told me the only reservist mos in the 7's was 7242 which is Air Support Operations Operator.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    First off, this is in the wrong subforum. This should be in "Ask a Marine" section

Second, your recruiter is absolutely correct. Those MOSs may be offered to reservists but if they are not available at a reserve unit local to you then you cannot be in that MOS. As a reservist you get contracted to a unit local to you, this unit has specific MOSs that need to be filled. If air traffic control isn't one of them you can't be that

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Gee, I sure hope you get the job you desire and deserve.

When in doubt they could make you an 0311,Semper Fidelis.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    When in doubt they could make you an 0311,Semper Fidelis.
    No, No, & No.... The 03 Field doesn't need anyone that doesn't want to really be there...

Everyone thiks it's cool, glamorous and the place to be, until they find that it's dirty, repetitious and just downright nasty..

But for me, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...!!!

Thread moved to Ask a Marine....

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    No, No, & No.... The 03 Field doesn't need anyone that doesn't want to really be there...

Everyone thiks it's cool, glamorous and the place to be, until they find that it's dirty, repetitious and just downright nasty..

But for me, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...!!!

Thread moved to Ask a Marine....
    hahahaha yes!.....a wannabe who wants to be an air traffic controller I don't think would be cut out for life in the infantry

Shoot, ATC is a damn good MOS if you're a reservist. You get all your certifications you can lockdown a civilian ATC job. Those guys make six figures.

Also, your recruiter can print out a list of available MOSs at your local reserve unit; just ask him to print one out and look it over.

Thread Information