What is your MOS ,was your MOS or what are you planning to do as an MOS - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks for telling me, now i know where not to get my tattoo when i get commissioned in( I want a EGA, but i'm going to earn it before I Tat it.)

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, do not get any tattoos until after you commission. And then be sure to keep it somewhere where it will be covered.

All tattoos have to be screened and approved no matter where they are.

Good to know...Thanks

DAVIDB1220 Glad any info on MOS's was useful. However, I met a RECON Marine at the VA & he gave me a site https://Marines.********************* & when I tried to list my original MOS's "9900 Recruit" "0311 Grunt" "8651 Recon" "5831 Corrections".
    The 8651 was replaced by 0331. It's a subscription site but s well designed and put together. It may contain additional areas that may serve your interests in joining OUR CORPS.
    Good Luck in your future efforts.

The site is: "****************"

TP, lol i've been on that site...it's a good one,really helped out alot.

I wonder if the Marine Corps has given up on some MOS's. Was talking to a Marine not too long ago and he says some MOS's are in the process of being phased out. Mainly MOS's from the Vietnam era and some from WWII and Korea. I understand that the Marine Corps is evolving, for instance the bayonet course in Recruit Training has been talked about being phased out. Anyone have any idea of what MOS's are no longer in the Marine Corps. I've heard of defunct units, but never a defunct MOS

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    There is quite a few MOS' that get phased out all the time...

LAAD(Low Altitude Air Defense) 7212, was phased out a few years back. There is a few air frame related MOS' that have been eliminated as the aircraft has been retired. Many MOS' get changed over to other things as technology changes.

It happens more than you think

2531 Field Radio Operator
    H&S Comm. Plt. 1/7, 1st.MARDIV
    1982-1986

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Where has this project went Bond...David Bond? What has your professor said or your grade?

Yes sir, the project ended in December.. i received 100% On the assignment which helped the final grade as well(that went well). I printed out the board, and the Professor said he enjoyed reading all his fellow brothers and what they did in "the good ol' Corps". He was saying how if he could go back now, he would do it in a second.

Thread Information