Severe Flat-Feet/Asitgmatism
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Severe Flat-Feet/Asitgmatism

Well, I made a thread a long while back because I was scared of getting DQ'd for an astigmatism.
    It happened. I went to MEPS and **** was great, except the hotel food. That was awful...

We spoke to some Marines before we started the medical exams and the man's words were "This isn't your granddad's Marine's, you won't get DQ'd for Flat Feet". Sure as **** I got DQ'd for flat feet and my astigmatism. Remembering that my recruiter said he put plenty of kids in with astigmatisms and that mine shouldn't be an issue, since it is an issue should I be concerned? I'm currently in the process of getting an eye manifest and going to see a podiatrist(?) for my flat feet.

Any Marines here have a similar issue that can give me some insight or make me feel any better about this? I'm just infuriated because I have to go see so many doctors about this. If it weren't for these "pressing issues" I'd be a Poolee and in the DEP by now.

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Well if they a willing to move forward you still may have a chance.....How is your "stupid" issue doing?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's all straight. No issues, no worries and no re-use. I'm all good on that end.

I'm hoping it works. I'm getting sick of all this paperwork nonsense. I have to keep taking time off of work to go to these appointments, and that hurts me financially.

Being that the Marine Corps will have been around for 239 years in 8 days I am sure the Marine Corps isnt going anywhere let the system do what it does. You can read all the other poolees updates and the process isnt a short one

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'm getting sick of all this paperwork nonsense.
    Get used to the paperwork and the wait.....the "Hurry up and wait!" If everything works out for you....you might make a good Marine....you already have the biotching down pat.....a happy Marine is a biotching Marine. Keep your eye on the prize....your flat feet grounded...and hope to SEE you become a Marine! Persistence and self motivation are the game rules! Good luck!

Thread Information