Enlisting with Knee surgeries.
Create Post

Enlisting with Knee surgeries.

Hello Marines,

I'm about ready to enlist, i meet all the physical requirements but im concerned about my knees. They very seldom ever give me any problems and if they do its not extreme at all and i can tough through it no problem, but i had a knee surgery in 9th grade due to some pain in it, and it was more of a precautionary thing than anything, just some minor ligament pain. I probably could have gone without it, but my left knee completely dislocated when i twisted wrong and it popped out of place and i had to have surgery to make sure it didn't happen again. Like i said, they don't hinder me at all besides a grind in my left knee but its not too extreme. I was just wondering if once i get to MEPS they're going to shoot me down immediately for having 2 surgeries.

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I certainly hope not, but get some info here, when they come on, from Huklebuk, a recruiter, josephd, munkyvsrobot. Those three always have good advice.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Be sure and keep us updated on this same thread? Good luck to you.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    If your not having any problems now you should be good to go but disclose everything.

Sidelined enlisting for my girlfriend, just started the enlisting process 4 months ago. Got dq'd before even going to meps, currently doing all BUMED, knee dislocations aren't taken very lightly that's for sure

Considering the abuse one's joints take as a Marine, they never should be.

Good luck

Thread Information