In College But Wanting to Join
Create Post

In College But Wanting to Join

Hi,

I'm currently a freshman in college but I've always wanted to become a Marine. I could not enlist out of high school due to being on medication at the time. However I'm off medication now but currently in college with a scholarship. It's my dream to join but at the same time I don't want to walk away from my scholarship. Would it be better to go now while I'm younger? Or would I still stand a good chance of getting in after college? Should I consider the officer route? Any advice from Marines on here would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

You need to contact your local Marine Corps Officer Selection Office (OSO) to get the answers to your questions.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Stay in school and get a good job when you get out. It's early yet for you.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    STAY IN SCHOOL!!....the Corps will still be around when you graduate.

And yes you should definitely start speaking with an OSO about commissioning packages to see if the officer route is right for you.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Stay in school. Very few will advise you to drop out of college. There's a reason for that.

Yes to all the above. Finish college, talk to an OSO. A degree will give you more options both with the Corps as well as the civilian world.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Stay in school! Good advice from all. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

The Marine Corps has been around for 239 years I'm sure she will be around when you graduate. Finish school then go, whichever path you chooose. there is plenty of enlisted Marines that have degrees myself being one of them it may only be an associates but i think i remember reading on the parris island facebook there was one individual at recruit training with a PhD.

Whichever choice you take the degree will help you inside of as well as outside of the Marine Corps.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Be sure and keep us updated here

Thread Information