ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 47
Create Post
Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    3-4 months doesnt mean much.... the average wait is 6-14 months
    yeah i know just saying eh oh well sooner or later i'll be out of this small town i call home

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    yeah i know just saying eh oh well sooner or later i'll be out of this small town i call home
    Hey Chime, we'll probably see eachother once or twice in San Deigo. What MOS you got?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDWho View Post
    You can't be in the DEP for more than a year.
    ship date pushbacks say otherwise. I know people who have been in for nearly two years at my rs. it also depends on your job... if they dont have your job you want you dont ship until you get a job.

ship date pushbacks say otherwise. I know people who have been in for nearly two years at my rs. it also depends on your job... if they dont have your job you want you dont ship until you get a job.
    I'm awfully lucky I've only had to wait for 3 1/2 months. How Gunny pulled it off, I'll never know.

Got a 85ish on my ASVAB, honestly don't remember, just want to be another grunt, but looks like thats full so I'm trying for 0861(Fire support man), read a bit about it here
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/ar...p/t-33750.html
    Got me really interested.

Great post by the way

Got a 79 on ASVAB. Just got my 03XX contract today. So ****ing pumped!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    I'm awfully lucky I've only had to wait for 3 1/2 months. How Gunny pulled it off, I'll never know.
    lucky ****!

lucky ****!
    Damn straight!

My AFQT score was a 70...which I thought wasn't too bad considering I've been out of high school for 2 years and hardly studied. But wow, I feel damn lucky for only having to wait 4 1/2 months. I've been going stir crazy, but after reading how long some of you have been in, I have no complaints. I signed my AF contract today and it looks like I'll be in for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aintamarineyet View Post
    Hey Chime, we'll probably see eachother once or twice in San Deigo. What MOS you got?
    good question. currently that is unknown but i should find out soon. some of my stuff got changed

I'm pretty sure all it takes is going back up to Meps and taking the oath again, or maybe the whole process, but for the most part the recruiters try to work around ship delays so that most are in for under a year. That is why the rest of us get pushed back another few months, because theres a kid whos gotta ship or else he'll go over a year.

Atleast thats how it seems in my RSS, they flip around shippers all the time.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Got a 99 on the ASVAB. I'm wanting cryptolinguist but I haven't gotten my job yet. My second is Intel, third is Public Affairs.

Most of the poolees at our RSS end up waiting at least six months...the last two of the 'original crew' that joined with my recruiter when he started recruiting duty a year ago are leaving this month.

But at the same time, I have a friend who joined the DEP after me and is leaving before me... so it's a big cluster**** I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbkyl View Post
    Got a 99 on the ASVAB. I'm wanting cryptolinguist but I haven't gotten my job yet. My second is Intel, third is Public Affairs.

Most of the poolees at our RSS end up waiting at least six months...the last two of the 'original crew' that joined with my recruiter when he started recruiting duty a year ago are leaving this month.

But at the same time, I have a friend who joined the DEP after me and is leaving before me... so it's a big cluster**** I guess.
    We've got the same ship date, I noticed. See you on the Island.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Stellar! Nice to meet someone else I'm headed to Disneyland with.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbkyl View Post

Just so you know cryptolinguist and intel are on the same contract. When you sign for your MOS its gonna be for 02xx/26xx. Also if you haven't taken the DLAB I suggest you brush up on that. You need a 100 for your first two choices and there are no waivers. I also got a 99 on my AFQT and i will say that the DLAB is the hardest test I've ever taken ever. Here's the link. Best of luck to you.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dlab.htm

Thread Information