ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 45
Create Post
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post

You and I were in the same boat not too long ago. I had to drop weight, and it took me three ISTs before I could actually pass on the crunches. I've got a little less than 2 weeks left before I ship, and all my stats are slowly, but surely making progress. If you've got 7 months to improve, you'll be a stud when you hit the depot if you just keep at it and stay motivated.

And, something a little more on topic... I'm super stoked about my CM (Engineer) contract; I'm about to go down to the office right now to see if the paperwork has all gone through. Then I might shred some paper off Gunny's desk or help some kids study for the ASVAB...
    Thank you and I don't plan on stoping now. Also congadulations on getting your CM contract if thats what you want to do then your very fourtunate to get it. And good luck on getting you referals and in boot camp I bet the time is just eating away at you but it will come. I cant wait, and I have over half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Every Sniper started out with a wish, buddy, even Carlos Hathcock was inexperienced at one point. Same goes for Recon. It's the belief in yourself that allows one to motivate, to get it done, and to reach a destination. If we didn't all have high expectations or aspirations, we'd all be satisfied with mediocre results. No jobs are guaranteed but we can guarantee ourselves a job by working hard at the job we want. I know I will become a Scout/Sniper and those who doubt will receive only a smile when I earn my HOG's tooth. Maybe a wink. Think of it this way, most of us are young and we think we can take on the world...some experienced old goon might come around and hit us with cold, hard, reality-driven facts, but it won't stop us from being young, and thinking we can take on the world. The reason I'm saying this is because, in my opinion, poolees have every right to post wishlists. We're all joining the Marine Corps to fulfill unfulfilled wishes and find ourselves, bro. That said, I too agree with the statement "There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do"
    Well put Scar. This was a great way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Ok dud the recon talk isnt bull****. I have a UZ contract. I will pass the school and I will make it into the fleet as an 0321. I have no intention of failure. I am a 0317 hopeful yes but I am working towards that goal not just sounding my mouth. My job is promised to me as long as I make the scores needed. I am an excellent swimmer(In Cammies and boots as well), Our RS runs us on a PFT schedule. I am currently passing on a mid-1st class level. As far as shooting goes... I have no worrieshanks to my dads advice and he taught me to shoot so picking it up will be easy in RT. As far as I am concerned I have no worries with my contract. I scored great scores and guess what I chose infantry and my recruiter offered recon to me because of my scores because our RS doesnt just hand them out because joe nobody wants one... our RS expects us to be the motivators and top PT scores in our RS for us to get any of those contracts. Not everybody on here talks with just a wishlist attitude. When I was It was because I was awaiting my job wishlist to get approved. UZ got approved now I am assigned it. Not everyone is just wishing some of us are actually working towards the goals even now. Having wishes and GOALS are two very different things. People who wish never get, people who set goals and know how to meet them will succeed. I know what I have to get to get 0317. I have the information in a USMC document explaining it. I workout until I puke each day to get stronger and faster. After I puke i still workout until my body says enough. I have been a swimmer my whole life and being in the water is practically second nature to me. Still want to say were all wishing? Still want to say Im ignorant? I qualify on paper already. In performance I would also qualify for the school. The only thing left is to become a Marine, pass my schools and get the opportunity or put in for 0317. Dont sound off on assumptions with out knowing the poolees you speak of, some of as have wishes and others are already working for what they want.
    Thats excellent. You're committed, you know what you have to do. Its not you who I'm talking to though. You obviously understand what you have to do to get to where you want to go and are taking every opportunity to ensure things go your way. I would also assume when somebody talks about taking up a recon job like all there is to recon is signing on the the dotted like, that you would get offended because you know what its going to take to put you in that position. I never said everybody is wishing, I was just merely stating that many are talking like things are already entitled to them. I've read over your posts and i certainly didn't have you in mind when I posted, but if you read over some of the posts I'm sure you'll see that some poolees don't quite understand what it takes. Maybe recon wasn't the best example, but I feel like someone who has put in as much work as you can understand where I'm coming from. No disrespect and best of luck to you. Best of luck to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Every Sniper started out with a wish, buddy, even Carlos Hathcock was inexperienced at one point. Same goes for Recon. It's the belief in yourself that allows one to motivate, to get it done, and to reach a destination. If we didn't all have high expectations or aspirations, we'd all be satisfied with mediocre results. No jobs are guaranteed but we can guarantee ourselves a job by working hard at the job we want. I know I will become a Scout/Sniper and those who doubt will receive only a smile when I earn my HOG's tooth. Maybe a wink. Think of it this way, most of us are young and we think we can take on the world...some experienced old goon might come around and hit us with cold, hard, reality-driven facts, but it won't stop us from being young, and thinking we can take on the world. The reason I'm saying this is because, in my opinion, poolees have every right to post wishlists. We're all joining the Marine Corps to fulfill unfulfilled wishes and find ourselves, bro. That said, I too agree with the statement "There's too much "I want" and not enough "I'm willing to do"
    I'm not saying don't wish and don't aspire. I'm just saying make sure you understand what you're undertaking. If I see recon or scout sniper on a wishlist I see something wrong. Those are big shoes to fill, and if they're not 100% committed to that then they're not going to make it. Those are elite warriors. I understand wishlists with other MOSs, but things like that are serious undertakings. Our aspirations and dreams make us who we are. Without those nobody would rise to greatness. I just know currently, as a civilian, I need my elite forces to be 100% committed and not doing something just because they saw it in a movie and thought it was cool. Everybody should continue to dream and aspire, I just want more people to be aware of what sort of responsibilities they are considering taking on.

your a Marine? get your status changed to Marine! it says poolee.
    Also, I was just unaware as it is supposed to be a combat job no?
    Yyeeaahh, I know. I finally got around to putting in the request to the admins. Been too busy lately. And people say reservists don't have lives. lol

If your talking about me MikeDWho, I know what I am geetting myself into and I know I have a really long way to go. I know it will take everything I have plus a **** ton more. and if I do get my chance to go to Scout Sniper school I will not quit I will give it everything I have. I know that it will probably be a year or two after recruit training befor I possibly get my chance and I plan to be using that time training and gaining experience in the 03 field in which ever job I earn after recruit training. and I know I dont know as much about the prosses as devildogson or scar but I am trying to learn also I just started looking for the information and talking to my recruiter about it, but i have been working at it physicly for it for awhile and still have time befor I even go to training.

Scored a paltry 46. Getting Construction Utilities MOS. Building it up, tearin it down, and putting a roof over Marines' heads, etc (or at least that's what the pamphlet told me ). Wanted Aviation Technician, but this Poolee found out he was colorblind, so he got exempted from the entire Aviation field. But even if it isn't what the pamphlet says, the construction field seems to have no shortage in the civilian sector, so it is rather practical.

49, 03XX. I'm planning on retaking the ASVAB at some point later on, because I know I can do better than a 49.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDWho View Post
    Thats excellent. You're committed, you know what you have to do. Its not you who I'm talking to though. You obviously understand what you have to do to get to where you want to go and are taking every opportunity to ensure things go your way. I would also assume when somebody talks about taking up a recon job like all there is to recon is signing on the the dotted like, that you would get offended because you know what its going to take to put you in that position. I never said everybody is wishing, I was just merely stating that many are talking like things are already entitled to them. I've read over your posts and i certainly didn't have you in mind when I posted, but if you read over some of the posts I'm sure you'll see that some poolees don't quite understand what it takes. Maybe recon wasn't the best example, but I feel like someone who has put in as much work as you can understand where I'm coming from. No disrespect and best of luck to you. Best of luck to everybody.
    Why thank you. Sorry for jumping the gun.... a lot of people assume things about most recon wannabes and it irks the hell out of me sometimes ya know thses days with all the damn xbox warriors its just a second nature to take offense because most automatically put you in a category just because you say you want this or that...

Quote Originally Posted by teamshadowzero View Post
    Yyeeaahh, I know. I finally got around to putting in the request to the admins. Been too busy lately. And people say reservists don't have lives. lol
    good man... I didnt want to address at you in an inappropriate manner was why I was asking. Luck with your enlistment and reserves or active duty your still a Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    If your talking about me MikeDWho, I know what I am geetting myself into and I know I have a really long way to go. I know it will take everything I have plus a **** ton more. and if I do get my chance to go to Scout Sniper school I will not quit I will give it everything I have. I know that it will probably be a year or two after recruit training befor I possibly get my chance and I plan to be using that time training and gaining experience in the 03 field in which ever job I earn after recruit training. and I know I dont know as much about the prosses as devildogson or scar but I am trying to learn also I just started looking for the information and talking to my recruiter about it, but i have been working at it physicly for it for awhile and still have time befor I even go to training.
    when you PT or work out do it until you puke. Then right after do it some more! do it until you break yourself. Drink water, gatorade or coolaid NO SODA or **** drinks. Drink Milk and OJ in the morning and at night. Eat lots of proteins and lots of berries and nuts. Lots of fruits. Dont eat 2 hours before working out. Listen to your body though. If you are sore keep working out, "pain is weakness leaving the body" that saying is true of soreness and soreness only if you work through the sore you will feel better. If you cramp pay attention to where. Drink slower and eat slower if its abdomonal. If its a limb take a break. If you stab or throb your done for the day, your no good broken. 100% isnt enough, you have to have the heart. You have to be ready to push yourself even when you gave everything already. Im 5 foot 9 inches, 172 lbs. Im not that big but I run circles around my entire RS this includes people who are preparing to ship... people who do sports and who are ROTC, people who do weightlifting etc... I can pound 100 push ups before most of them do 50. Push yourself to speed up, strengthen, endurance and dexterity go up. Train everyday until you ship out. You were given those days in the DEP take advantage of every one you have before you ship.

goodluck to ya and goodluck picking the job. And best of luck on your journey.

Thanks and Same to you . when do you ship for boot camp? or did you already lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    Thanks and Same to you . when do you ship for boot camp? or did you already lol ?
    I was supposed to ship October 25. Then it got changed to Sept 15th. Now I dont have one until they can fill me in a space and I get my green light from the doc on an injury I received over the summer, Its sciatic nerve damage and they need a doc note so they postponed my shipping until they get notes on the injury from the doc so when they send me to PI I wont get in trouble and or get my recruiter investigated for not having documentation for the injury(IF it comes up) Ill hit you up when I got my new ship date its looking to be December-January though.

I was supposed to ship October 25. Then it got changed to Sept 15th. Now I dont have one until they can fill me in a space and I get my green light from the doc on an injury I received over the summer, Its sciatic nerve damage and they need a doc note so they postponed my shipping until they get notes on the injury from the doc so when they send me to PI I wont get in trouble and or get my recruiter investigated for not having documentation for the injury(IF it comes up) Ill hit you up when I got my new ship date its looking to be December-January though.
    Okay works for me. That sucks I quite glad i avoided injurys over the summer. I know i almost blew my knee out god only knows how many times

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    Okay works for me. That sucks I quite glad i avoided injurys over the summer. I know i almost blew my knee out god only knows how many times
    Had I not been driving the day of graduation from HS or would have left a few minutes later I would have been perfectly fine ad would be shipping out Oct. 25. I got cut off by some dumb ass and it was wet outside and to avoid an accident I turned away from him... instead of a slight direction change my dumb mustang decides to swing into a spin and caused me to hit a giant steel pole FTW! I hadnt injured myself there. I was fine then... it was the constant activity and the type of acivity over the summer that screwed me over. I had pinched my sciatic nerve and the activity made it worse so now I have back pain. Lucky for me only thing that can fis it is to work out.

Thread Information