ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed) - Page 46
Create Post
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Had I not been driving the day of graduation from HS or would have left a few minutes later I would have been perfectly fine ad would be shipping out Oct. 25. I got cut off by some dumb ass and it was wet outside and to avoid an accident I turned away from him... instead of a slight direction change my dumb mustang decides to swing into a spin and caused me to hit a giant steel pole FTW! I hadnt injured myself there. I was fine then... it was the constant activity and the type of acivity over the summer that screwed me over. I had pinched my sciatic nerve and the activity made it worse so now I have back pain. Lucky for me only thing that can fis it is to work out.
    Similar **** with me bro, only it was a speedbike not a car. I'd be in Bootcamp right now...third week. Smh. My recruiters and poolees at my RSS joke that the next time I'm slated to ship in a week, they're going to lock me in a basement and chain me to rack, so I can't cause injury to myself. Smh. There are only two things that I can think of that mix worse then Alcohol and milk...and they are the two words that describe me: Accident-prone, and Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Similar **** with me bro, only it was a speedbike not a car. I'd be in Bootcamp right now...third week. Smh. My recruiters and poolees at my RSS joke that the next time I'm slated to ship in a week, they're going to lock me in a basement and chain me to rack, so I can't cause injury to myself. Smh. There are only two things that I can think of that mix worse then Alcohol and milk...and they are the two words that describe me: Accident-prone, and Daredevil.
    nice. glad im not the only one whos been in this pit before sucks though I mean we could be on on our way to being Marines already.

ASVAB: 89

Got a call from my recruiter yesterday. I now have a four year 03-- Contract... I could have gone for the five year 03-- but I figure I can always re-enlist if I wish right?

Gee my mom's gunna be p****d, dad's all for it though

Last edited by Aintamarineyet; 10-05-10 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added another sentance

Poolee/DEP Free Member dionna23's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Aintamarineyet View Post
    ASVAB: 89

Got a call from my recruiter yesterday. I now have a four year 03-- Contract... I could have gone for the five year 03-- but I figure I can always re-enlist if I wish right?

Gee my mom's gunna be p****d, dad's all for it though

Congrats

Had I not been driving the day of graduation from HS or would have left a few minutes later I would have been perfectly fine ad would be shipping out Oct. 25. I got cut off by some dumb ass and it was wet outside and to avoid an accident I turned away from him... instead of a slight direction change my dumb mustang decides to swing into a spin and caused me to hit a giant steel pole FTW! I hadnt injured myself there. I was fine then... it was the constant activity and the type of acivity over the summer that screwed me over. I had pinched my sciatic nerve and the activity made it worse so now I have back pain. Lucky for me only thing that can fis it is to work out.

I see that does suck. well lets hope you get out there quite soon. I mean i still have 3/4 of senior year before i ship so... Lets hope it all works out for all of us that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    I see that does suck. well lets hope you get out there quite soon. I mean i still have 3/4 of senior year before i ship so... Lets hope it all works out for all of us that would be awesome
    I already spent my senior year in DEP eight months my friend.... its just growing tiresome waiting... especially when Im supposed to have been shipped, or be shipping in 20 days.

I already spent my senior year in DEP eight months my friend.... its just growing tiresome waiting... especially when Im supposed to have been shipped, or be shipping in 20 days.

Think you had it bad? Imagine waiting almost two years, over 18 months, not even being able to DEP in because you're waiting for a waiver for a stupid random lung collapse that may or may not even come. Imagine having the Naval Doctors holding your life in their hands and you not even knowing who they are. That's tiresome. Watching poolees ship and come back as Marines, go to MCT or ITB and graduate from there, and you're still attending saturday morning poolee functions...and you're not even a poolee yet. That's what I went through before my waiver got approved and I was able to DEP in...now imagine after all of that, being this close to shipping out, less then a week away from Parris Island, and then having your face smashed into the asphalt, ripping your skin off and leaving deep lacerations in your flesh, in other words causing you not much pain, but simply inconveniencing you by delaying you from earning your EGA. Not that I'm complaining, it could've been worse, I could've been paralyzed, instead I didn't even lose any teeth. Still, that's tiresome. And I know a poolee who's been waiting as long as I have and had his waiver rejected, and re-submitted, and he's still waiting. Always count your blessings dude, and I'm not lecturing you, I know where you're coming from, but at least we know we're shipping out. Hey, more time for us to PT and kick a5s when we get to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Think you had it bad? Imagine waiting almost two years, over 18 months, not even being able to DEP in because you're waiting for a waiver for a stupid random lung collapse that may or may not even come. Imagine having the Naval Doctors holding your life in their hands and you not even knowing who they are. That's tiresome. Watching poolees ship and come back as Marines, go to MCT or ITB and graduate from there, and you're still attending saturday morning poolee functions...and you're not even a poolee yet. That's what I went through before my waiver got approved and I was able to DEP in...now imagine after all of that, being this close to shipping out, less then a week away from Parris Island, and then having your face smashed into the asphalt, ripping your skin off and leaving deep lacerations in your flesh, in other words causing you not much pain, but simply inconveniencing you by delaying you from earning your EGA. Not that I'm complaining, it could've been worse, I could've been paralyzed, instead I didn't even lose any teeth. Still, that's tiresome. And I know a poolee who's been waiting as long as I have and had his waiver rejected, and re-submitted, and he's still waiting. Always count your blessings dude, and I'm not lecturing you, I know where you're coming from, but at least we know we're shipping out. Hey, more time for us to PT and kick a5s when we get to boot!
    Im not the accident prone/daredevil... LMAO
    It just sucks because I am begining to feel like Im being led down a no exit path and I am being ****ed with. Im just ready to ship and they cant even tell me when.

I've been in the DEP about 3 or 4 months so trust me i know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmie2011 View Post
    I've been in the DEP about 3 or 4 months so trust me i know what you mean.
    3-4 months doesnt mean much.... the average wait is 6-14 months

3-4 months doesnt mean much.... the average wait is 6-14 months
    You can't be in the DEP for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDWho View Post
    There are a couple of guys on here that have had their time in the DEP pushed to over 365 days... It isn't unheard of.

is it average though? and don't you have to resign?

I wouldn't call anything over 365 days average, but a couple of poolees on this forum have been authorized to stay in the DEP for 400+ days without being discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDWho View Post
    Yeah you are able to. amount of days until i ship compared to when i enlisted is a total of 391 days. so yes it is possible to stay in the dep that long

Thread Information