Allergic to penicillin- MEPs
Create Post

Allergic to penicillin- MEPs

Hi Marines,

I was told by my recruiter that I would be leaving for MEPs within the next couple weeks. However, I have an allergy to penicillin (specifically augmentin) that I worry might introduce some problems for me. The last time I had it, I was 18 months old and developed a rash. It has never been an anaphylactic reaction. I have been on other kinds of penicillin and nothing bad has happened. Its only augmentin that I got the rash.

Would an allergy like this DQ me from MEPs? Is it waiverable? Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    It's waiverable but it better be put in your medical records that you have an allergy to it.

How do you know you still have the allergy ? This was when you were 18 months old. Go get a blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    It's waiverable but it better be put in your medical records that you have an allergy to it.

How do you know you still have the allergy ? This was when you were 18 months old. Go get a blood test.

Thank you for the reply, Marine.

I called two allergists and apparently no test exists that can detect an allergy to penicillin. My doctor told me the only way I would know is if I took it again. It could very well be gone, which is my guess. But I'm assuming both sides want to cover their ass because at the moment it can't be known for certain.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    " Thank you for the reply Marine " ? You don't know my rank ?

Take it again your Doctor said. He knows better than us. We are not Doctors here. If you get a rash or don't you will know.

Easy solution to the problem/question and it will be documented by your Doctor to take to MEPS.

Best of luck to you.

Learn the Marine Corps rank structure too.

Thread Information