Not in good physical shape, DEP.
Create Post

Unhappy Not in good physical shape, DEP.

Well, I'm 120 pounds and 70 inches and enlisted in the DEP. Thing is, every time I go to PT, even though I hydrate like crazy and really want to finish the PT, I end up falling out. Side pains, dry as hell mouth. I drink at least 2 gallons a day before and on PT day. My body just "quits". I really want to join, but I want to get into better physical shape. And yeah I know, I need to gain weight, so I don't need to know any tips on that. I try to practice as much as I can but it doesn't seem to help no matter how hard I push.
    Please help! I want to wear the uniform of our nations greatest heroes.

Similar Threads:

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    That's a lot to have to go through....just to wear a uniform. I suggest you check out Ebay or Amazon. You can find almost anything there. It will sure cut down on all that water and side pains!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Quitting is not an option...Push yourself....work out the side pain with exercises. Learn how to breathe when you run. Getting outside now after years of video games and computer couch potatoes lifestyle will take time to undo but it can be done and you can do it now! Never quit!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Blooper, I didn't want him to quit....just thought it might motivate him if he was in uniform.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I know Billy....my response was to him about falling out when he runs.....However your comment reminded me of the old Andy Griffin show when Ernest T. Bass wanted to join da' army so he could impress his girl in da' hills if he had a uniform...so Andy made Barney give him his since da' army wouldn't take him! Think about it though....that one show is like a whole bunch on this site.....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I was thinking, he could run AND wear the uniform, while running---that might provide the necessary motivation. When all else fails, always talk to a recruiter about suggestions etc. They deal with this stuff for a living. Ask your local recruiter about this, and I'd be surprised if they didn't offer any useful tips.

The body doesn't quit. The mind does. And getting in shape is not an overnight effort. If it could be done you think I'd be sitting here sending this message to you? Good luck!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know about everyone else but I will say that in our era you stayed outside most of the time and worked...chores...played....participated in gym...recess...sports...if you did watch TV it was "special" programs if you could get the signal....When I enlisted....I left a week after signing papers at the recruiters and Federal building.....You took your Initial PFT and away you went. I didn't have the great physique that I have now...but sand was never kicked in my face except in the pit. I don't really understand the worry about getting ready for boot camp... just do it!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Your right Bloop. I called the recruiter....he came and got me.... I was standing on the yellow foot prints in less than 36 hours. I didn't ask any questions and he didn't offer to answer any.

Did it.

I made it through the entire PT today thanks to your motivation and all of my fellow brother and sister in the pool. Thank you!

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    I'd go see a Doctor and get some bloodwork done.
    From what you said about thirst and drinking you could be Diabetic. Don't take any chances with your health.

I agree with Baker on this one you definitely should get some medical tests done no offense but 120 and 70 inches if you're a male is extremely underweight.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your minimum weight to ship for your height is 123#'s. Have you always been scrawny? If you are loosing weight and these symptoms just came up see a doctor as advised. You can have a disease or high metabolism. If you get a clean bill of health then set an exercise and diet to gain weight. Good luck!

Thread Information