Marines or Airforce? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    You can receive a meritorious promotion to PFC by bringing in extra people for the Corps. You can also receive "advanced" rank by having JROTC (two years), being an Eagle Scout, or being your recruiters buddy. It can also help to have college credits under your belt, so that you get more points toward your cutting score.

My Father is Retired Air Force, after working with some Marine Corps Plane Captains at Seymore Johnson AFB one day he made this remark to me. "Give me 5 Good Marine Corps Plane Captains and I'll give you the Number One Maintenance Squadron in the Air Force, Hands Down!" Marines just do it better!

God Bless the Air Force, just don't let them fly close air support while I'm on the Ground!

Semper Fi,

GunnyL

Being in the Air Deffense Field, I work a lot with the Air Force in Joint Service Operations. There were 5 airmen to do the same job that I did. It was insane, and not one of them knew how to help the other one out with his duties.

While in Operation Eager Mace, Kuwait 99', I had a Fire Team Leader who was a prior Fly Boy. He told us that while in the Air Force he was taught that he had to keep his job so that it was not taken by the next guy in line. He told us that you would not give your all in to training the new guys, so you would always shine. This was the reason he fell in love with the Marine Corps, Marines train our young Devil Dogs to assume our job as quickly as possible, this is one of primary jobs of NCOs, SNCOs, and officers. That is how we shine. And boy do we ever shine. SEMPER FI...

Originally posted by seandayley
    You can receive a meritorious promotion to PFC by bringing in extra people for the Corps. You can also receive "advanced" rank by having JROTC (two years), being an Eagle Scout, or being your recruiters buddy. It can also help to have college credits under your belt, so that you get more points toward your cutting score.
    I was under the impression that the above made you a contract PFC, not meritorious...can anyone explain?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You are correct. It's a contract PFC... which makes a difference, because your TiG in that case is computed from your PEBD, so you're 3 months ahead of the curve for LCpl promotion, as opposed to meritorious PFCs, whose rank is awarded on grad day.

Smile

Yeah, Today I found out that my friend's boyfriend wants to join but is a little nervous about speaking to a recuriter. So I got his name and all from her and I plan on giving to my recuriter tomorrow when I see him.

That will be my 2nd guy. See I don't look at it as a free Promotion. My first guy was debating on becoming a Ranger. I told him if he wanted to be Elite to join the Marines. 3 weeks later he told me he was Joining the Marines. My words hit him hard and I didn't say much.

But by getting him to Join I do get one step closer to become a PFC. Well guess what..He has gotten two guys to join already and in March is getting his 3rd guy(Free Dress Blues).

See by getting him to join he has got 3 guys to join. Its like a Chain reaction. If you want to do the Marines justice you would talk to people about joining.

Just don't look at it like ohh free Promotion. You do earn it by getting someone to join.

Poolee Thomason

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Join the Air Farce and earn mucho rank and get lotsa medals.

"No one comes close."

http://vampirebat.com/war/_airforcejobs.wmv

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I briefly looked into the other services before joining. To tell the truth if I only wanted pure state of art the training, I would have gone Air Force.

If I wanted decent techinical training while scrubbing rust and paint, I would have gone Navy. The old original Saturday Night Live show had a great gag, on the then Navy Recruiting sound track super-imposed on actual footage of the Brooklyn Naval Yard seaman on sh*t work details.

It didn't take long to chaff the army.

But the Marines. The very idea that not everyone could join the Corps, that's what got my signature. When the ASVAB came back the Recruiter asked, "What kind of job do you want?" I answered, "I don't know, what's available?" He answered, "What ever you want." For some reason I blurted out in 1982 , "Something in computers?"

Yeah, I got trained on antique hand me down systems that no one used anymore, but I became part of the lifelong Brotherhood.

This brings the question of why our Military, the best ****ing military in the world is so divided.

Once A Marine, Always a Marine.

IEF/OIF
    SF

Registered User Free Member 2147's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If you have to ask... well, everybodys said that and I agree. But, if you want a real sense of pride and accomplishment, you'll get that when you get that Eagle, Globe and Anchor and when your called "Marine" for the first time.

Registered User Free Member THATFEMALE's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The pros about joining the corp is being able to earn the tittle "MARINE." People hear that and their instantly fascinated with you. As for your family I think the corp is better. As a Marine and former military brat I had to say that it was an awesome experience growing up around Marine Corp families. It only enhanced my values and morals. As far as rank is concerned it's better to earn the rank instead of having it given to you. It means more to you that way. The promotion cermony is very emotional and everyone know that you earned it. If you're mean't to be one of the few you'll know!

Registered User Free Member THATFEMALE's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Semper FI

Thread Information