Marines or Airforce?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Marines or Airforce?

What are the pros and cons of each? Alos, what would be best for my family? WHich one ranks faster? Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    Who wants to be in the air force? Rank is obtained by proficiency and conduct ratings for the most part. Keep squared away and you will make rank quickly. Air force? Please... Semper Fi !!!!!

Shooter took the words right out of my mouth.
    Sadly, I have heard of some Marines going Army to "earn" rank faster.

Go air force son, because if you even have to ask the questions you have indicates to me you're not cut from the same cloth as Marines need to be cut from. We are profoundly different than the other services in ways that simply cannot be explained here. You should have known that coming in here.

Good luck to you.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    When the Navy secures a building, they turn out the lights and lock the hatches.
    When the Army secures a building, they post sentries and check I.D. cards.
    When the Marines secure a building, they call in air strikes and assault through the objective using fire and close combat.
    When the Air Force secures a building, they get a 4 year lease with the option for 4 more years.
    zwhite84 No branch of the military is going to keep you home with your wife and family.If you choose to make the military service a life for the three or four years you will have to suck up deployments and time away from your beloved. Whatever road you choose you will be in a military enviroment and on call to the Marines 24/7-365/366 and the rest of the branches 3/4-1/2-1/4 of the time. On a serious note you have to make up your mind on what YOU want to do for YOU and YOUR family,but coming into a US Marine Corps site and asking about the Air Force or Army you need to back up and regroup. The reason the US Navy was not mentioned was because not that PC BS dribble about the "Department" but because the US Marine Corps trains some of the finest corpsman to be with us in our time of need! Think about your decision carefully,only you can make that decision.However if you are asking I would say to you again suck it up and become a US Marine Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Are you joining to serve your country, or are you joining for a "family welfare" program.

Go Air Force, and heed USMC-FO's words... best of luck for you and your family in all your future endeavors.

Go Air Force...

I'll help you fill out the forms...

Credits
    Savings
    My Dad has been in the Air force for 20+ years. He had this to say.

"In the last 20 years I have been deployed over 20 times at least once a year, any my family has been well taken care of. But any military branch with good NCOs will do the same. I how ever agree with Phantom Blooper if you had to ask you should not have asked on a USMC web board."

He then said jokingly.

"And if this guy can't make up his mind between the two the Air Force don't need him either."

Registered User Free Member jfreas's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If ya want to sleep on clean white sheets everynight join the Air Force.

Credits
    Savings
    I enlisted in the Marines for a variety of reasons. Gaining rank wasn't one of them, which is why I refuse to take my recruiter up on his offer about finding more recruits and earning PFC rank.

Anyway, if you want educational ops, more money, easier lifestyle, etc etc.. Go air force.

If you want to go to war, join the Marines.

Plus if you find quality people who serve the Corps to the best of their ability then you did something for the betterment of the Corps. There's nothing wrong with reaping the benefits. If the higher ups in the Marines think you deserve a promotion then by all means take it and enjoy it. I think they know what they're doing

IF you really have to ask.... I think your mind is already made up

A good Southern Baptist church camp is harder than the Air Farce. (NOT misspelled). Like many have said id you have to ask maybe you should ge to the Air Farce.
    You WILL never understand the pride of being a Marine and being a Brother of EVERY Marine that have ever worn the uniform. We are the keeper and protector of America's freedom.

Registered User Free Member Kurt Stover's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh...Oh Me, my turn! As a civillian you can weigh the choice of one or the other if those are the two you wish to look at. Other than my dad serving 27 + years in the Air Force, I don't know that much as far as operational concerns. However, I have worked with some of the most undisciplined, ungreatful and whiney @ssed people that I have ever witnessed that served in the military that came from the Air Force.

The Marine Corps is hard, it was meant to be. If it was easy, then everybody would be a Marine. There are Air Force people that are good Airmen and are the high quality folk you'd want to have come over and mow your lawn and maybe dust your furniture. It's all in what you think you can handle. PLEEEEEASE do not join and then find out that it wasn't what you wanted.

Make a descion and if there is any doubt, go Air Force, Aim High and all that other stuff. Good Luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by R_Konieczko
    I enlisted in the Marines for a variety of reasons. Gaining rank wasn't one of them, which is why I refuse to take my recruiter up on his offer about finding more recruits and earning PFC rank.

Anyway, if you want educational ops, more money, easier lifestyle, etc etc.. Go air force.

If you want to go to war, join the Marines.
    DO NOT grab any schmuck you know and talk them into enlisting to earn a promotion...

DO find hard-charging individuals to join that you would not mind sharing a fighting hole with in the heat of combat.

If you earn a pair of 'skeeter wings' in the process, all the better and wear 'em proud. I am curious; is that the real reason you do not wish to assist the Recruiter?

Thread Information