Can i Join The Marines?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Can i Join The Marines?

Hello everyone,
    So i want to join the Marines, but i have just one thing that might be getting in the way. I had/have a juvenile felony (intimidating a witness) from 6 years ago (when i was 15 now 21) which has now been reduced to a misdemeanor and is now being expunged from my record. My lawyer and the judge both mentioned to me that i do not have to classify it as a felony no longer but I know in the military that may not be all that true and i am also aware that to the military there is no such thing as a "expunged" record. Overall i just want to know if i would be able to join the Marines?

Similar Threads:

What did the recruiter tell you?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    You intimatated a witness at 15 and were convicted of a felony. Bullcrap !!!

Credits
    Savings
    When I talked to a recruiter they just told me to get a copy of my my charges from the juvenile court.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    You intimatated a witness at 15 and were convicted of a felony. Bullcrap !!!
    That's what I thought but here in California that's what they classified it as

It may be a waiver, but it shouldnt be too much of a problem. You most likely will have no problem enlisting.

Thread Information