MOS School duration for a 6324
Create Post

MOS School duration for a 6324

Greetings everyone. I'm looking all over the place but I can't seem to find this information. I am shipping to boot around february and my MOS is 6324 which is a Cobra/Huey technician. The closest I could get is;

Complete the Avionics Technician a Level Class AI, at NATTC NAS Pensacola, FL.

Complete the H-I Communication/Navigation/Identification Systems Maintenance course at CNATT Mar Unit Camp Pendleton, CA and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aircraft Communications/Navigation/ Electrical Systems technician on the U/AH-l aircraft.

However, I can't find out how long each course is supposed to take. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Engineerjet View Post
    Greetings everyone. I'm looking all over the place but I can't seem to find this information. I am shipping to boot around february and my MOS is 6324 which is a Cobra/Huey technician. The closest I could get is;

Complete the Avionics Technician a Level Class AI, at NATTC NAS Pensacola, FL.

Complete the H-I Communication/Navigation/Identification Systems Maintenance course at CNATT Mar Unit Camp Pendleton, CA and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aircraft Communications/Navigation/ Electrical Systems technician on the U/AH-l aircraft.

However, I can't find out how long each course is supposed to take. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I gotta know how do you know what your mos will be? i was avionics when i joined and that's all anyone knwos until you get to Pensacola. from there they pick at random weather you're going "I" strand or "o" strand. from your description "O" level maintenance is what you say you'll be doing. If you do well enough in common core then you might be able to change to "i" level. i recommend "I" level more.

all in all you're looking at about 7-8 months in p-cola if you class up right away and then 2-4 months in c-school.

you'll be going "O" level not I level so your school time should be shorter than the "I" level classes. try not to do anything stupid in school. getting NJPd could cost you your mos. and they like to NJP everyone in school over there. really they don't f'around

I'm going to be a reservist so my MOS is pretty much guaranteed. Thanks for the info!

What is the difference between O and I?

Quote Originally Posted by Engineerjet View Post
    What is the difference between O and I?
    o level diagnoses what's wrong with jets or helos. they pull the bad components out of the aircraft and bring it to i level. i level fixes the component. sometimes we diagnose problems on a component level. we either find the bad circuit card and re order it or we find what's worng with the circuit card and order the microchip to fix it. there's a separate shop that does the soldering and complex cable building.

O level does most of their work on the tarmac I level works on the van pad. i got to work both i found i level more rewarding

I am looking at Lat moving into this MOS, also as a reservist now. I looked it up, and the school listed at Pensacola says 46 training day (yes, I understand what "training days" mean). How does that equate to 7-8 months. I'm not doubting you, just trying to understand.

Thread Information