My son enlisted, and head to boot camp soon...
Create Post

My son enlisted, and head to boot camp soon...

My son was in Florida, and signed up there, because he lived there briefly. His home is here in Texas, he is training with the local recruits to be. He bought at tkt to fly back to Florida, because his recruiter told him to come there, and then they would send him to boot camp. I thought the Marine Corps paid the cost to get him to boot camp???? Why is he having to pay? This didn't make sense to me . Can anyone enlighten me. He's young and of course doesn't listen. I told him to pose these question with this recruiter. He thinks the recruiter Has his best interests at hand. I laughed, and said he's a used care salesman, and is only interested in numbers. I'm prior military. 3 years Army 1980-1983. Can anyone shed some light on the matter? I'm calling the Marine recruiting number tomorrow.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 05-28-14 at 09:40 AM. Reason: On this site, we capitalize Marines and Marine Corps

Sounds like your son screwed himself when he enlisted in Florida. They pay for your ticket based on the home address that you provide. Which address did he put down at the time when he enlisted? The address in Florida? Or the one in Texas?

The Marine Corps isn't interested in paying extra money on flights when they don't have to. Oh well these things happen.

don't know the exact situation they will pay your way to boot camp
    the benefits are...
    He'll be sent to Parris island where the toughest Marines get trained

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Russell View Post
    don't know the exact situation they will pay your way to boot camp
    the benefits are...
    He'll be sent to Parris island where the toughest Marines get trained
    hahahaha save that for another thread...lol..

but to answer your question, it sounds like when he enlisted in Florida, that is the origin from where he will be shipping out from, the Recruiter could have transferred his enlistment to a Recruiter in Taxes but didn't, (probably for counting sake) but your Son could go to a local Recruiter and see what they could do from Texas.. it is up to Him to take the initiative.. but no Recruiter likes to lose a recruit.. for any reason..

Thread Information