Failed IST at MCRD San Diego
Create Post

Failed IST at MCRD San Diego

My son failed his run today at MCRD San Diego. I don't know what happened, nor does it matter I guess. He called to say he failed it and his graduation date would be pushed back. He can't get picked up next week, I don't think, because Monday is Memorial Day.
    Does anybody have any experience with this situation?

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I have no experience with failing the run....but he would be dropped to a Physical Conditioning Unit(Platoon) until he can pass it and determined there is not any underlying medical reasons. However long it takes him to pass then he will pick up the next series that is in the phase he was dropped from. Then that would push back graduation by that amount of time. Best of luck to you and him.

Thank for the info. I read somewhere that it's a minimum of 21 days? Anybody know if this is true?
    There is not much information out there about this subject.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no minimum but if you want confirmation you can call his recruiter anytime.

I spoke with his recruiter immediately after he called. He said we just have to wait and see. I get that. I just know he did fine on his run before he left so I was hoping he didn't have to wait 3 weeks to try again.
    His recruiter was surprised he got to call home to tell me. I'm wondering how I will know when he passes it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm sure you will get a letter from your son. You will not get a second phone call unless he is coming home. I'm surprised when he called you he didn't say why he failed the run. I hope it is nothing serious.

Ok, Thanks for your help. Next week is Memorial Day week so I guess I will just ask his recruiter on the 6th of June. That seems like the earliest he could retry it.

He ran it too slow. If he was injured he would have said so on the phone. He was really sick when he left, maybe that had something to do with it.
    I'm sure he is feeling like crap right now. Which makes me feel like crap when I already did cause I miss him. His recruiter said if I talk to him to encourage him because he probably just wants to quit right now.

Thank you again for your help and I'll be thinking of you all this Memorial Day Weekend

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you and always keep the letters upbeat. Please do not press him for info. He is going through a lot.

My thoughts will be with him and you Mom.

Please keep us/me posted.

Thread Information