Reviving old information
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member Necromasher's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Reviving old information

I spoke with a Marine Recruiter in January and he put me in the system after he collected my background information. But that was as far as we went, I never took the ASVAB or went to MEPS. I decided to take the Marines advice and finish college and strive for Officer. My question is, after I graduate in 2017 (I'll still be in the same state) can I just recall my old information from 2014 or do I have to redo the entire entry process again? Iv'e heard Marines say that an applicants information becomes invalid after a while is this true?

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Yes and no. Generally after a year your information expires and we no longer work the individual. However the info is still there. It isnt invalid, but we would ask the same questions after a year to make sure nothing has changed, ie police involvement, drug use, etc. The Officer Selection Officer would ask you the same questions, as we use different systems at our level. For instance, I cant see what they have and they cant see what I have. They will do the same screening process when you contact them though, because they dont know anything about you. Make sense?

Credits
    Savings
    I think I follow, correct me if I'm wrong, so for example if I had said yes to taking medication at one recruiter station and then decided to change my answer to no at another recruiting station they would somehow connect the two? How would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromasher View Post
    I think I follow, correct me if I'm wrong, so for example if I had said yes to taking medication at one recruiter station and then decided to change my answer to no at another recruiting station they would somehow connect the two? How would that work?
    that would comeback to haunt you, because they will get all of your medical records when you go to get your physical..

Credits
    Savings
    Understood, thank you Marines.

Thread Information