Should I marry my Marine - situation is different please read before answering - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @Lisa 23 - I tried changing my status right after I joined, could not find a way to. Also not no Marine spouse is two negatives, canceling eachother out. I think you meant I am not a Marine spouse. Thanks for your input. How do I get in contact with Rocky?

***You are unable to change your own status, and when Rocky C is able to change your status for you, he will.***

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-06-14 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Marine is always capitalized on this site.

@SGT7477 - Another Jody case? Correct me if I'm wrong but Jody cases would mean that the significant other is cheating on the Marine while the Marine is away? So I'm confused to how/why you correlated my post and question to a jody case...

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-06-14 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Marine is always capitalized on this site.

@JRH - 400$ (due to inflation) 33 years ago would be the equivalent to about 1200$ now. Not to mention E-V-E-R-Y thing was much cheaper 33 years ago so actually 400$ could cover alot in the 80's. The average American wedding costs 27,000$, so yes that is lavish spending basically to humor people. Simply put we would be getting married for ourselves, but having a wedding later on would be for our loved ones. Thanks for your input.

@CplMotivate There is no jody, sorry to break your jerry springer ideals.

@irpat54 The most helpful comment so far. A majority of everyone else on here seems to just be sarcastic and rude. I really appreciate your honesty and taking the time to lay it all out. Thanks!

@awbrown1462 Thankyou

@fl1946 - If you revisit my original post I never said anything about Marines being wealthy. I know very well that this is far from the truth. I said many Marines get married (move faster to marraige) because married Marines get more monetary benefits. As you may know monetary does not always mean CASH, by monetary benefits I mean housing, healthcare, and money. You would genuinely be surprised at how many young military couples get married because of the extra benefits, and that is what I meant. Maybe to you the extra benefits are not much, but apparently to them it is enough to motivate them to get married earlier than planned.

Also I brought up a basic prenup to give more backround. That is our decision, there is nothing wrong with protecting certain assets IF anything were to happen. It sounds like being responsible in this day and age.

I will deffinitely think things through, thanks!

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-06-14 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Once again, Marines is always capitalized on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraxo View Post
    hahaha.. good comeback...

@irpat54 The most helpful comment so far. A majority of everyone else on here seems to just be sarcastic and rude. I really appreciate your honesty and taking the time to lay it all out. Thanks!
    no problem, if you go through with the marriage, send me an invite,,,lol,, who knows I might be able to make it.. and besides I haven't been to a Marine wedding in a long time, and I hope you make it a traditional Marine wedding.. that would be great,,

I feel sleighed, kind of left out, and I was being sincere. My question to you though, is if you know so much, why ask questions? Once again, I am being sincere.

@advanced - I created this post because... I don't know that much // and was torn on what to do. When I originally posted I hoped to hear from people in similar circumstances or who have been through it.

@SGT7477 - Another Jody case? Correct me if I'm wrong but Jody cases would mean that the significant other is cheating on the Marine while the Marine is away? So I'm confused to how/why you correlated my post and question to a jody case...
    You have a lot to learn bout Jody or Jodie, by the way if your man cheated on you with Jodie he would be a fag, but in all due respect hope it works out for you, the Marine Corps doesn't care either way, Semper Fidelis.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread is being moderated.

Stick to the topic please.

Thank you Marines for your answers to the OP's questions.

Take the problems to a PM.

Saraxo, your status on this forum will be changed shortly to " Marine Friend " then changed back to " Marine Spouse " once you 2 get married.

Best of luck to you and your boyfriend.

Please have him join the forum once he graduates.

Well I guess my Jerry Springer ideals are what have gotten me this far in the Marine Corps, and actually through bootcamp without any trouble. But in any case, should you choose to marry your poolee significant other, as that is probably all he is at this point, it's on you to realize the committment you make to the 24/7 lifestyle that not only will he be living, but that you'll be forced to live with as well. That is including but not limited to extensive periods away for formal/informal schools, field training, deployments, and that's not even taking into account the inherently long work days and duty days. So please, by all means jump right on in. My "Jerry Springer ideals" and I would love to watch from the outside in.

Quote Originally Posted by CplMotivate View Post
    Well I guess my Jerry Springer ideals are what have gotten me this far in the Marine Corps, and actually through bootcamp without any trouble. But in any case, should you choose to marry your poolee significant other, as that is probably all he is at this point, it's on you to realize the committment you make to the 24/7 lifestyle that not only will he be living, but that you'll be forced to live with as well. That is including but not limited to extensive periods away for formal/informal schools, field training, deployments, and that's not even taking into account the inherently long work days and duty days. So please, by all means jump right on in. My "Jerry Springer ideals" and I would love to watch from the outside in.
    Sorry, your recruity significant other. I'll give him that much thus far.

Thread Information