what do you think of other branches?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what do you think of other branches?

i have heard that most marines despise the other branches because they are easier, is this true?

Cool RESPECT FOR ALL BRANCHES OF THE ARMED FORCES........

Where do you come up with these rumors...............We Marines do have respect for all our Sister Services............If we wanted any easier life we would have joined another service...........We are Marines because we wanted to be the BEST and have "THE HEART AND SOUL OF A MARINE." Each Branch of the Armed Forces has a job to do and we all work together to accomplish the mission.

The Drifter

PS: Marine is always spelled with a capitol "M"............

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    everyone in the military makes sacrifices, and there are casulties in every branch

I grew up AF so I have respect for them. Although when I get back from recruit training I'l rib my dad about being a zoomie. All of the branches mess with eachother about something but it's all in good fun. No navy no Marines in Iraq, No Army no one to help stabilize Iraq unless you want to use almost every Marine, No Air Force no A-10 to wipe out tanks, No Marines no one to scare the enemy ****less

With less than 200k Marines and around 5% of the Navy's budget, we rely heavily on "joint" operations and assets. I won't dog someone for the path they have chose; however, looking back I would have never joined one of the "other" branches.

When it comes down to it, we are "ALL" on the same team, and every team needs to have its go to guys. I.E. USMC.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. J

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    OOOhrah Sir!!!!

I have to ask myself the question;
    "WHY do all these folks that have no CONCEPT of what the Marine Corps is or does ask these questions?".
    Once you go through boot camp, you know it's history and traditions.
    You have pride in been given the privilege to wear the Eagle, Globe and anchor, the emblem of our beloved Corps.
    With that privilege comes the responsibilty to behave in a manner becoming to represent the Marine Corps.
    We also know that to forefill our mission, we need all the help on hand.
    Be it Navy, Air Force, Army or Coast Guard.
    So coming down on these services serves no one.
    Scream, when or if you earn the privilege to wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.
    You will know the answer your seeking from us.

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Scream, when or if you earn the privilege to wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.
    ...can't add much to that. All siblings rib each other, and all branches have their place and mission. However, I would not trade my Bloodstripes to be anything other than a Marine (with capital "M").

When you are the finest , it is hard to be humble.

calm down. it was just a question.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    calm down. it was just a question
    Who's getting excited? One of the things I like about this site is the candor. I can be assured that others will (and have, more than once) give me a "nudge" if something I post is on less than even keel. I expect it, and promise to be thick-skinned (read 'mature')enough to take it.

I guess someone didn't get the answer they wanted or tried for.....

Each Marine took the time to answer your question with a Good Honest Answer......Until you Earn The Title...and have worked with the other services than you can have a say....So make sure you show RESPECT to the Marines....

The Drifter

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Calm down? I see no one getting excited yet. Its not that Marines despise anyone, well almost anyone. Its not that we are arrogant, We are better than most and we know it!! We still depend on every one for stuff like money, chow, Doc's , priests, rides.

I think he was expecting ya'll to bash the other services

Thread Information