MCT Question?
Create Post

Thread: MCT Question?

MCT Question?

First off, I was wondering who I need to ask to have my status changed from "Marine Friend" to "Marine Family"? My son earned the title last month and we couldn't be prouder!

Secondly, I was wondering if someone could answer an MCT question for me? My Marine called quickly while on liberty this past weekend. It was the first time we had spoken to him since he "picked up" there. He metioned that he was a "Squad Leader" at MCT, but we didn't really get a chance to talk about it and I haven't found much online about what that means. I found a few posts on here about becoming a Squad Leader and that it's evidentally a good thing, but not about what the job entails. He was a Fire Team Leader during Boot Camp. What's the difference?

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!- Jeff

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Status Changed to " Marine Family ".

A fire team is smaller consisting of around 4-6 Marines. As a squad leader he's leading a team of anywhere from 9-16 other Marines.

Thank you sir. I appreciate the response.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In the United States Marine Corps, a squad is typically composed of three fire teams of four Marines and a squad leader who is typically a Sergeant or Corporal.

What they are talking about is the fleet. At MCT he will be in charge of about 15-20 guys. Now in charge is a completely different context. He gets to make the schedule of who has fire watch at what time. He also dictates who cleans what. He helps the instructors keep people in check. Good for him though

Thread Information