Which non-grunt MOS has the most PT?
Create Post

Which non-grunt MOS has the most PT?

So I know i'm thinking way to far down the line, but just hear me out.

Marines, what MOS typically has units that do the most PT?
    I want to be as physically fit as I can be (other than working out on my own which I will do).

At the end of my first tour, I want to see if I can go officer or MARSOC.

Respectfully,
    ~Ventus

Similar Threads:

When I got out in 93,your MOS didn't dictate how often you P.T.d, it was up to your unit to decide, which was usually 3 times a week.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    depends on your definition of "PT"?....I know of some admin shops, supply, and other "desk" jobs that do formal PT 3 times a week which is pretty common.

I also know of infantry units/platoons that don't do any sort of formal PT except for once every week or two when the Plt.Sgt/Plt. Cmdr join. Other than that PT is done on the squad level on their own time.

It can vary quite a bit, it's not based on MOS or anything like that. It's based on your chain of command and what they see fit

and just to add to what was said here:
    If your thinking of OCS or anything like that you are going to have to show a lot, and I mean a lot of self motivating and do a lot of extra on your own, you can't rely on anyone else in that area to lead you by the hand, it will be on you in your spare tome to show your superiors what you are made of.. it will fall on there recommendations and your cutting scores..

Right - if you're thinking about OCS/MARSOC, any organized PT done by your unit will only be the bare minimum you'll need anyway (you'll have to add to that substantially on your own). So, it doesn't really matter PT-wise what unit you end up in...they will not be PTing enough to suit your needs.

Understood. Thank you for the feedback.

Thread Information