Hardship Discharge - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You are correct esp. since all these conditions existed prior to your enlistment.

Before any action can be taken on a Humanitarian Transfer/Hardship Discharge request, the Marine must initiate such a request through their chain of command.

Once the problem is identified, the Marine's chain of command will review the eligibility criterion specific to their request.

If the Marine is not eligible for a humanitarian transfer or hardship discharge, that Marine will be counseled accordingly.

If it is determined that they are eligible for such a request, the Marine's command will counsel him/her on the specific details required to submit a request.

It is important to note that it is the individual Marine's responsibility to provide the required details and evidence in order to prove their case.

It is based on this information that the Marine's chain of command and Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps will make their determination.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    You are correct esp. since all these conditions existed prior to your enlistment.
    I know they existed prior but does that still matter if its a disorder that can only get worse?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your the one that has to prove it.
    That's why I posted the criteria for you.

Your best bet is speaking to a chaplain and going to base legal on how you can get help with this mountain of paperwork should you decide to go the route.

FYI, it's a long process.

Best of luck on your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post

Before any action can be taken on a Humanitarian Transfer/Hardship Discharge request, the Marine must initiate such a request through their chain of command.

Once the problem is identified, the Marine's chain of command will review the eligibility criterion specific to their request.

If the Marine is not eligible for a humanitarian transfer or hardship discharge, that Marine will be counseled accordingly.

If it is determined that they are eligible for such a request, the Marine's command will counsel him/her on the specific details required to submit a request.

It is important to note that it is the individual Marine's responsibility to provide the required details and evidence in order to prove their case.

It is based on this information that the Marine's chain of command and Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps will make their determination.
    I thought the same Rocky because of the issues before, hope it all works out for our Brother, Semper Fidelis.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know about todays Military. However, in my time, the Red Cross pulled a lot of weight in getting a hardship discharge. I had a brother-in-law in the Army. He and his family went through the Red Cross, who in turn would work on your behalf, with your Command. Either way, I hope the best for you and your family!

Credits
    Savings
    Consider your actions carefully grasshopper.
    Focus on the long range results and not the short range.

one aspect is health insurance.
    You WILL get old
    Do you want to pay mega bucks monthly for insurance or have Gvt assisted insurance ?

A second is Commissary privledges (for how long ?)

I can't tell you what is best for you and your family, only advise consider your moves.

Praying for resolution for you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    One Mother One Marine Corps and One Lifetime 2 get it Right GoodLuck YoungBuck I shall pray for Yah that's Rare cause I don't even Pray for some of My Own Family Go Easy S/F

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    My dad always said nobody takes care of me but me.Good luck.........s/f

Just spoke with a retired Sgt Major (he retired last month out of Lejeune) that I work with at Veterans Affairs. He said speak with your chain of command and the chaplain for help. He stated that in his 23 years in the Corps he has only seen hardship discharges approved for life threatening illnesses though. Good luck.

Thread Information