Switching from reserves to active in boot camp
Create Post

Switching from reserves to active in boot camp

Hello. I have been following posts about whether or not it is possible to switch to AD while in boot camp. I leave for Parris Island this Tuesday and switching to Active is very important to me. I have asked my station whether I can swtich my contract but they said that it was not possible at this time. I would like to know ways that I can switch quickly, because I want to reach my full potential while I am in the Marine Corps. Any and all help would be aprreciated.
    Poolee Friedman

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 10-12-13 at 09:52 AM.

whether or not it is possible to switch to AD while in boot camp
    No not possible. You are either Active Duty or Reserve. It is almost impossible to switch over even after having time in the fleet. If you want to be Active Duty, you need to switch out your contract prior to shipping out.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    No....if you want to be active duty you need to get an active duty contract, once you ship to boot camp on a reserve contract you are stuck

Now, you need to decide if you're going to ship or not.

You'll **** off your recruiter but it's your life. I believe you can still drop out of the DEP and sign an active duty contract when available. The new FY started so slots are out there.

I am almost done submitting my active duty package as a reservist. It's a pain in the ass. With the draw down of active forces, going AD from reserve is almost impossible unless you VOLUNTARILY go EOD (like I am), or MARSOC.

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-12-13 at 09:53 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To answer your question, the only was is to drop out of the DEP and try later for an active duty slot.

Thread Information