Is anyone there? (Post your workout!) - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah I found pacing to be key. I used to push myself as hard as I could too, but all that does is cause your muscles to lactate and burn. Which makes you end up giving up earlier and running slower. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. (Well not too slow, but still!)

Quote Originally Posted by CallumChicago View Post
    Yeah I found pacing to be key. I used to push myself as hard as I could too, but all that does is cause your muscles to lactate and burn. Which makes you end up giving up earlier and running slower. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. (Well not too slow, but still!)
    I'd like to expand on that last part; "Well not too slow." You're dead on there. I personally found that a steady pace has its place and that place is not the IST/PFT... sorta. At a certain point in your conditioning one should have figured that giving up on 1.5 or 3 miles really isn't an option. This is coming from a former 300+ dude. Save the pacing for a 10K. Force that run not a jog and every time you get over feeling sorry for yourself book it. In my opinion an IST/PFT is a combination of running fast and dead sprinting. With slowing down not being an option.

Being tired really isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    I'd like to expand on that last part; "Well not too slow." You're dead on there. I personally found that a steady pace has its place and that place is not the IST/PFT... sorta. At a certain point in your conditioning one should have figured that giving up on 1.5 or 3 miles really isn't an option. This is coming from a former 300+ dude. Save the pacing for a 10K. Force that run not a jog and every time you get over feeling sorry for yourself book it. In my opinion an IST/PFT is a combination of running fast and dead sprinting. With slowing down not being an option.

Being tired really isn't that bad.
    I hear you on that, and I'm all about giving it 110% during PT, but after about half a mile of full-on sprinting my body just starts to naturally slow down. Even when I dig down deep and try to push faster, I really don't gain much speed and I'm just wearing myself out. I'm slowly adding in more sprints though, and I look forward to the day when I can full out sprint an entire 3 mile run!

Thread Information