Marine Generals Assess Performance
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member CplSoria's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Generals Assess Performance

Marines performed well during fighting in Afghanistan ( news - web sites), but many were lacking some basic skills — like how to dig a foxhole, two generals in charge of evaluating the Marines' execution of the war said Thursday.

Lt. Gen. Edward Hanlon Jr., commander of the Marine Corps Combat Development Command, said many Marines aren't properly trained in foxhole digging because environmental laws prevented digging on base at Camp Pendleton, Calif.

"One of the first things you learn as an infantryman is how to dig a foxhole," Hanlon said. "That's basic training."

Does anyone else notice anything wrong with this statement. Or, is it just me? Something is definately wrong if we're talking about war and our Marines can't dig a foxhole. I don't think our Marines families want to hear that their Marines died in combat because "environmental laws prevented digging on base". Just when I think the SH*T can't get any worse, they seem to top it off.

Let's see....

6 million acres of forrest have burned this year. 1/13 of the Black Hills National Forrest has burned in the last three years. (1.3 million acres of forrest to start with) Thousands of people have been brought to a subsistence social-economic level and are on welfare because thousands of mills amd mines and related jobs have been taken away. Small towns are being slowly drained as young people move to large metropolitan areas due to lack of opportunities in these areas. Such locations only have low income seasonal jobs in tourists traps to replace $15 an hour jobs? Guess who is behind this?

Wonder if they'll also be allowed to cause the deaths of hundreds or thousands of men because the Marines aren't allowed to dig a few holes?

Thread Information