I Wanna Be The Best Damn Marine I Can Be
Create Post

I Wanna Be The Best Damn Marine I Can Be

I've always wanted a military career, it started off Army but I wanted a challenge so I wanted to do Special Forces worked at it for years always in the weightroom and running but then I got attracted to the Marine Corps and how even SEALs say they're tough as nails. I was gonna join the reserves after junior year so I could be in asap then go to boot camp after I graduate and enlist and try to be in atleast 10 years then I wanted to be a DI. I need help on if this is a good path or the completly wrong direction. You served for me so I will return the favor.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 10-03-13 at 08:49 AM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I have no idea what you just said or what you want....

how about you put together an actual question of what you want to know so we can answer it

Join the reserves after Junior year, go to bootcamp, and THEN enlist haha.. Looks like you are all kinds of backwards kiddo..

I think you should just go speak with a recruiter.. He/she will inform you on what you should do to start your path in the Marine Corps.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your best bet is to go visit a recruiter, he or she will tell you how the Marine Corps works and then you can come back and ask your questions.

Best of luck.

Ya I'm a little confused I was ready and geared for Special Forces so that's what I know most about. But people are telling me not to be an enlisted Marine that its the worst thing you can do. so I guess the main question is should I be enlisted or go to College to be a higher rank but I don't wanna stand and watch I wanna fight

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-03-13 at 09:56 AM.

I wanna join as soon as posible, fight then end my military career with being a DI. Whats the best way I can do this and should I be enlisted or an officer?

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-03-13 at 10:07 AM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get off the forum now !!!
    Read the " Stickies ". No posting during school hours.

Your post make no sense by the way and I can't help you if I don't understand you.

Not to mention the fact that you just turned 15 years old and have a long way to go.

Now I understand about your recruiter problem.

My best advice to you is stay out of trouble, stay in high school and graduate and when you are a junior go and speak to a recruiter again.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Rocky C; 10-03-13 at 09:58 AM.

So you are 15 and can't even provide a complete sentence. My advice.... graduate high school and boost your GPA. After your Jr year go talk to a recruiter. The choice whether you want to be enlisted or commissioned is up to you. Officers make more money but I enjoyed picking up NCO and leading. Both lead. Depends on whether you want to wait or not.

You can't be in the reserves and be a DI and DI's are not officers. You'll have to make a choice - do you want to be an officer or a DI. There are only a handfull of DI's in the entire USMC - it is not something you can plan on doing in 10 years (does not work that way).

In order to be an officer, you must graduate from college with a degree. That means staying in school and being an excellent student (making mostly "A's" and a few "B''s" - average or below grades will not make it).

Who are those people telling you being an enlisted Marine is the worst thing you can do anyway? How do you know they have any idea of what they're talking about?

You clearly have a long way to go. Stay in school, stay out of trouble, stay in shape. When you are closer to graduating take another look at what your options are.

One caveat... there are very limited highly competative DI slots for reservists, though you would be put on active duty for the tour if selected.

Mike

Alright aside from the fact that we have established you are still in diapers. Im gonna impart alittle knowledge. #1 see all those rank insignias over there to the left of all these Marines taking there time to answer your questions? THEY ARE ENLISTED! ALL OF THEM! I don't see any officers taking the time to entertain this nonsense. So DONT tell us you heard being enlisted is "like the worst thingythingyou can do". Clearly you need to take some real time and think about what It means to be a United States Marine. And here's my last tip you won't find it in a video game.

Focus on being a Marine. Know your weaknesses and strengths. Honestly, if you wanna be a DI, work on your leadership skills. Study USMC leadership traits and principles. Practice them. You can google Leadership Traits and Principles online.

Seek USMC knowledge: history, ranks, General Orders customs and courtesies, combat and MOS knowledge. They aren't 'sexy' as learning how to disarm someone but if you plan on staying, you better pick up rank. Seek knowledge as much as possible.
    Lastly, be a person of high integrity. If you lack integrity, it'll be hard to gain the trust of your leaders and subordinates.
    If you master these things, you will do fine in the USMC and be prepared for DI school (you must be a Sgt-GySgt to graduate from DI school).

Thread Information