Dental Problems at boot?
Create Post

Dental Problems at boot?

Hi everyone. I'm currently a poolee dated to ship on Nov. 4th of next month and I'm currently concerned if an impacted canine tooth that hasn't moved for many years will disqualify me from boot camp. I understand impacted wisdom teeth will be pulled but I'm unaware of the impacted baby tooth. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get your butt to Boot Camp and if it is giving you a problem the Docs will look at it. A tooth is a tooth.

No worries.

Best of luck to you.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I don't see it being an issue, you'll more than likely ship and then when you go through dental at the depot you will get it pulled along with any other dental work you need done.

Too late to worry about it now. You have a ship date. If the tooth fairies at bootcamp decide it needs to come out then they'll yank it - if not, it can wait till you check in at your first duty station. If it's bothering you, let them know when you go through dental.

They'll put you in the long line and get your x-rays they will see it and act accordingly. TriCare has you covered.

Your teeth will be taken care of while you are in bootcamp. You'll even get a sick day for it!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemoore2 View Post
    Your teeth will be taken care of while you are in bootcamp. You'll even get a sick day for it!
    I got 2!

I don't know if I would've wanted to take a sick day. At least in the fleet you can play xbox and order pizza while SIQ and not have to go in formation. In bootcamp I would've been afraid to even turn over while on the rack

Thread Information