Tattoo policy
Create Post

Thread: Tattoo policy

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Unhappy Tattoo policy

Hello my name is Shaina Gomez, I've made it an aspiring dream and goal in high school to join the Marines. I graduated in 2011 and can't join because of a tattoo I've had on my wrist since 2009. It's fairly small and innocent, it is my mother's name, I can cover it with my hand. It's about an inch and half above my palm, I tried to get it waivered but it got denied. I was just wondering what I should do? I still haven't gave up my dream! I desire to be a Marine just need some guidance right now.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Please help!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I hate to say it but if you already tried and your waiver was denied I don't foresee it happening. You could try and go see another recruiter but you'll probably get the same outcome.

There is no way around that, I never tell anyone to give up on their dream but it doesn't seem like the Corps is going to be an option for you.

With the downsize waivers are difficult to come by. My advice to you if you really want it is. 1) Have the tattoo removed then 2) Put the tattoo else where like your shoulder so you can keep the sentimental connection. You will probably not receive a waiver unless we go to war with another country and need to recruit numbers. The placement of the tattoo is not considered professional and that's what the issue is not the meaning behind it. The Corps doesnt care about that because that make you an individual. Best of luck the new tattoo policy has met lots of controversy from within the Corps, but regardless we follow orders.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry but even if you get it lasered off it is going to leave a white scar. Then perhaps you will need another waiver for that. I don't see it happening right now.

Best of luck to you.

Seeing another recruiter will not work - you are in violation of the Marine Corps policy - not a recruiter's policy.

You asked for a waiver and got turned down. There is no appeal process - that answer is final. Don't know what you want us to tell you. Not giving up on your dream is admirable but will not change the situation. Only guidance is it's time to move on and seek another career path. You are not alone - the new tattoo policy has halted many wannabe's dreams and aspirations. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So even if I try to remove it, it won't be a better try since I did it just to join the Corps?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Marine Corps doesn't look at it that way but you can ask your recruiter what are your chances if you have it removed.

Just like Rocky said no need to get it removed just yet. Talk to your recruiter and see if that is a possibility. Either that or Spartacus it and cut it off. I do not recommend that just thought I'd throw some humor in this place. It's depressing.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahaha !!! We all needed that
    Laughter is the best medicine....

Thread Information