Test before Enlisting?
Create Post

Test before Enlisting?

There was an army man, I suppose he was a recruiter, at my school and I noticed how everyone who went up to them he had them max out on pushups, which got me curious. Is there a physical test, something more than maxing out on pushups of course, to enlist in the Marines? Like do you have to do exercises or run to see if your in shape before they let you enlist or go to boot camp? This might seem like a silly question, but idk( I don't know ) I'm curious. Thanks for all feedback in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 09-14-13 at 10:52 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Before leaving for boot camp, you would have to pass the Initial Strength Test (IST), which consists of pullups, crunches, and a 1-1/2 mile run. You don't have to pass this test to enlist into the Delayed Entry Program (DEP), but you will before shipping to boot camp. Your Marine recruiter will generally help you with workout opportunities with other DEP poolees, but most of getting in shape will be up to you.

Also, for your information, we prefer if you didn't use texting abbreviations, including the lower-case "I" on this site. Not everyone understands them. Your profile is sufficient, but make certain you read all of the rules and stickies about posting.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    X2

Thread Information