Typical immigrant that wanna be a Marine
Create Post

Typical immigrant that wanna be a Marine

Hello, I'm 29 years old married (1 kid) I have been trying to join probably since I was 20, always got the answer that some people love to say: "No green card? no way Jose"
    So about 4 yrs ago me and my wife have been in process of getting a green card, since our immigration system is not very effective I have not gotten it yet, I got all the others requirements. ( I'm willing to take a "in- Demand MOS if that helps)

I also have been told by many recruiters that the Corps cant do anything about my immigration status or help my application move faster, is that so ?
    I understand that it is a great privilege to serve in the US Marine Corps, and is not for everyone.

I would like to serve not because of a "green card" but I would like to pay everything that this Great country has done to me and my family, and many other reasons, i'm not going to wright 10 pages on why someone should join the Corps and if it isn't the Marines is nothing at all for me.

I know now that my chances to join are getting really small since I'm going to need a age waiver ( I heard is really hard to get approved) and I don't have any idea when or if i'm going to get a green card.

Anybody have a "positive" input on this ? Do I have any chances? should I forget about this and "go back" to my country ? as many people said ? Or should I keep trying ?

Thank you for your time.
    Semper Fi