Referral system
Create Post

Thread: Referral system

Referral system

Hello Marines,

I am on my phone so I apologize for any grammatical mistakes.

My question is that I will more than likely not have my 2 referrals before goin to boot camp. I do however have multiple referrals that are awaiting response on waivers and also 2 juniors who cannot join until may. I have one referral right now so only need 1 for Pfc. So if one of these young men join while I am in boot camp, will I still receive a promotion in boot camp?

Recruiters in my office conflict in their answers, one says yes an one says no so I was hoping someone here can help because my research isn't working either. I am focused on bettering myself for boot camp and this is a second priority but still who wouldn't want the promotion

Similar Threads:

Sounds like a question that you are going to get multiple answers on.

especially on this site with so many members having different experiences in that area.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    you could always ask the "magic8ball"

it's probibly as good as any other answer

you're gonna get....

Quote Originally Posted by TLossos View Post
    Hello Marines,

I am on my phone so I apologize for any grammatical mistakes.

My question is that I will more than likely not have my 2 referrals before goin to boot camp. I do however have multiple referrals that are awaiting response on waivers and also 2 juniors who cannot join until may. I have one referral right now so only need 1 for Pfc. So if one of these young men join while I am in boot camp, will I still receive a promotion in boot camp?

Recruiters in my office conflict in their answers, one says yes an one says no so I was hoping someone here can help because my research isn't working either. I am focused on bettering myself for boot camp and this is a second priority but still who wouldn't want the promotion
    I doubt the paper work will be done by the time boot camp is done but you never know. However, when working with the referral through a recruiter, it is imperative that you stay on top of it. Many Marines have gotten screwed out of referrals. MCO 1754.10 talks about the referral program so ask your recruiter about reading it- or better yet, go over it with him.

A safer way is working through a career planner to get people to join the selected reserves. Keep in mind this is mainly used by Reservists so if you are on active duty, you're sort of out of luck.

Another method is signing up for recruiter's assistance program. You seem good at this and you'll like get referrals that way.

Referrals while as a Marine count towards your cutting score which is use to promote you.

Thank you to all replies. I guess this is a wait and see and hope for the best case. All the matter I'm excited to finally get to join your brotherhood. Less than a month to go!

I believe as long as those referrals enlist and are entered into the Automated Recruit Management System (ARMS) before you graduate, you will receive the credit. Check with your recruiter though.

Well just an update... This all doesn't matter anymore as I've gotten 2 more referrals to enlist, 1 still awaiting waivers, and another one joining here in just a few days. I'm thinkin once I get home I will have 5 referrals under my name or more. There's really no advantage past 2 besides the higher chance of getting recruiters assistance.

Either way I'm going as a PFC... I guess the next step is either meritorious promotion in boot camp to L.Cpl or attaining two more referrals while home on leave for promotion. As you Marines can tell, I really love to make the most of my opportunities for advancement. Part of the draw to the Corps to me was the opportunity to advance constantly. Thank you all for your service, I will report back at the end of July with the title of United States Marine.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-14-13 at 10:14 PM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLossos View Post
    Part of the draw to the Corps to me was the opportunity to advance constantly.
    LOL!!......we'll see how you feel once you hit the fleet and you are still a LCpl. 3 years later

Still will be advancing.... Time in service garners more money if I'm not mistaken... That's advancement. Not to mention the ability to go to school, MCI's, resume builders, that's all advancement. No disrespect intended, I look past rank as being the only form of self advancement.Maturation is a big one

Instead of worrying about picking up rank, how about you make it through boot camp first.

Have to wait my turn just like you did Mam. Until then I will continue to look at ways to help myself out. Thanks for editing my post, my mistake for missing the capital M.

Unless I wrote something in place of Marines like I just realized, then an even bigger apology on my behalf.

Picking up rank quickly is great if you can do it. Puts a little extra in the paycheck every two weeks. Backing up that rank you wear on your sleeve/collar is a totally different animal. Along with that new chevron comes new and added responsibilities. Will you really be tactically proficient in your MOS for that pay grade when you don't have the experience/education level to back it up? Will you really be ready to be put in a leadership role when you haven't had time to develop your leadership skills yet? You don't want to put the horse before the cart so to speak. And, be careful what you ask for because you may just get it (then wish you hadn't)! Good luck on making Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps before you're 20!!!

Respect your opinions most Definetly. However, like I said, advancement comes with increased responsibility, increased responsibility induces maturation. One must mature to become a man. I am in no way shape or form trying to do anything but advance myself and help out YOUR corps. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Marine Corps prides itself on its members and their honor, courage, and commitment. I set high goals for myself, as all members of society, Marine or not, should commit themselves to do. The higher your goal, the more courage it often takes to achieve that goal. No disrespect ever intended in any of my comments, but I am not putting the cart before the horse, as you say, I'm using time wisely and using my time in the DEP appropriately to help not only myself out, but my recruiters. I do believe that I'm being met with a tad bit of disrespect for doing this, but this is your place, not mine.
    Just FYI, I would be out looking for referrals regardless of if I picked up rank because of it.... I'm good at it, and I help those who help others, in this instance recruiters.
    I am done with this thread, as I fear I may be overstepping and talking about things I know little about. After all you've been through it. I will come back when I've earned the title. Thank you for your help, I have learned an astronomical amount of information here since I've been on the site, and I will make sure I learn to follow before I lead Master Sergeant.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-16-13 at 09:52 PM.

Whoa there young grasshopper...no disrespect taken. You are just ambitious and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. I was also an ambitious Marine and it paid off in my career advancement. Everyone should set lofty goals for themselves then work hard to attain them. All I'm doing is trying to give you a different perspective (one you cannot possibly see yet obviously) and attempting to make you understand there will be forces beyond your control in many aspects of your life as a Marine (many good, some bad). I have the impression you will do fine and wish you the best of luck.

Thread Information