A few questions
Create Post

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

First off, I would like to say thank you to the Marines that are taking time out of their schedule to answer questions that other members have.

I haven't signed a contract with the Marine Corps yet, but I am currently in the process of doing so. What I'm really nervous about is choosing an MOS. I feel as if I did not score too well on the ASVAB. (MM: 095 GT: 102 EL: 98 CL: 107) I have been doing some research in attempt to figure out what MOS would suite me best. I wasn't really looking to have 0300 as an MOS, but now it seems as if that would be a great experience.

While going active duty, will I be able to choose my exact MOS (03XX for example) or will I no matter what be placed in a job where it's needed most or they think I will do well in?

I have heard that you are able to volunteer for certain jobs such as a Scout Sniper, but when will I be able to actually volunteer? After boot camp?

How is life on base as a grunt compared to a POG?

I'm really just trying to get my head clear with what I'm getting myself into. Signing a four year contract is really scary for me. Especially when it's with something like this.

Thanks again Marines.

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by justindmo View Post
    First off, I would like to say thank you to the Marines that are taking time out of their schedule to answer questions that other members have.

I haven't signed a contract with the Marine Corps yet, but I am currently in the process of doing so. What I'm really nervous about is choosing an MOS. I feel as if I did not score too well on the ASVAB. (MM: 095 GT: 102 EL: 98 CL: 107) I have been doing some research in attempt to figure out what MOS would suite me best. I wasn't really looking to have 0300 as an MOS, but now it seems as if that would be a great experience.

While going active duty, will I be able to choose my exact MOS (03XX for example) or will I no matter what be placed in a job where it's needed most or they think I will do well in?

I have heard that you are able to volunteer for certain jobs such as a Scout Sniper, but when will I be able to actually volunteer? After boot camp?

How is life on base as a grunt compared to a POG?

I'm really just trying to get my head clear with what I'm getting myself into. Signing a four year contract is really scary for me. Especially when it's with something like this.

Thanks again Marines.

What did you get on your AFQT?

If you aren't looking to be an 03xx why would you inquire about scout sniper?

Also "POG" life and Grunt life are the same. What is different is what unit you're in. For instance I ama Data guy 0651; but I always tease my 03 bro's by calling them POG's because of the unit I'm w/ compared to theirs.

Also GRUNT is short hand for Ground Unit...only dumb boots and retard Oh Threes think it's specific tot he 03 community. *history, it's a ******.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MintusMaximus View Post
    Also GRUNT is short hand for Ground Unit...only dumb boots and retard Oh Threes think it's specific tot he 03 community. *history, it's a ******.
    some history for yo a$$!......learning something new every day

Thread Information