Visiting Parris Island's Liberty Sunday
Create Post

Visiting Parris Island's Liberty Sunday

My girlfriend and I both enlisted into the Marines around the same time and left for boot camp within a month of each other. Right now I'm finishing up RA and will be starting MCT just a few days before my girlfriend's graduation, just barely missing her! Sad day. However I did get a letter recently from her talking about how PI gets a Liberty Sunday (must be nice!) after the crucible and that her SDI said that family can come and visit. Seeing that this is our only opportunity to see each other for quite awhile (her MOS school is hella long) I should take the opportunity to see her, even if it is only for a few hours. She mentioned that I should try and get into the hotel that's on PI or nearby, though at SD whenever we were on Liberty they didn't want us going to our parent's hotel room if it was at the depot, or going off base at all.

So with that back story out of the way, my question to anyone who attended PI recently is what kind of restrictions are they on during liberty that day? Are they allowed off the island at all, or back to the hotel on base?

Similar Threads:

No recruit is allowed off Parris Island during liberty Sunday or family day. If this happens and the recruit gets caught, he or she doesn't graduate and.....I wouldn't want to be that recruit when crap hits the fan. I would also suggest not taking her back to the hotel on base either, not a good idea and not worth getting into trouble over and putting a mark on your Marine Corps career that's just starting. And don't show any effection in public either.....kissing, hugging, kissing, hugging....you get the idea. ALL recruits are being watched, they just don't know it.

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking the same thing, her letters weren't very specific on what they could and couldn't do that day. I'll try to keep her under control during my visit, haha.

CONDUCT WHILE IN UNIFORM:
    The uniform should always be worn with pride. It sets apart the wearer as a member of a proud and honorable profession. When in uniform, the wearer must exert every effort to conduct himself/ herself in a manner that will never bring discredit on the uniform; any act which degrades the uniform lessens respect for the country it represents.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-16-13 at 10:27 PM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I remember the same words were said to my fiance when he graduated. So everything Lisa said is strictly enforced. Hopefully for you on liberty...since it is liberty....she will not have to be in uniform but I don't really see that happening, idk so many rules have been added since I went and since I have seen someone graduate myself; but if they can wear civi attire either make sure she remembers where it is lol or you bring her something. Although I do believe they are going to conduct liberty very similar to how family day is conducted. Meaning you see the new Marine but they will have to report back to their barracks at a certain time.

Credits
    Savings
    Liberty Sunday ???????

I'm old,,, When did they start letting "RECRUITS" have Librety
    on ParrisIsland ???????????????????????????????????

You're "Pulling my Leg", RIGHT ?????????????????????????????????

Thread Information