Lioness Program or MOS's
Create Post

Lioness Program or MOS's

Currently I have been seriously considering joining the Marine Corps after High School, and doing college either after my four year enlistment is over, or by taking a few classes each semester. I am more focused on becoming a Marine instead of going to college, but I'm not sure about what kinds of MOS's and programs I can take, as well as which particular kinds of MOS's count for college credits. I know that female Marines can not participate in any job that puts me directly into front-line combat. However, I either want to have an MOS that involves some form of engineering, or one that might "get me outdoors". That's also why I'm curious about the Lioness Program. I've only heard a little bit about it, and from what I gather it involves Female Marines to help search women at road blocks and the like. I'm still in the dark about most of the program, so any information provided would be very helpful! Any advice on either of my questions or being a Marine is welcome!

Thank you!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-20-13 at 08:48 AM.

You just turned 16 years old a few months ago. A recruiter may or may not talk with you until you turn 17. Find out when you can take the ASVAB, and from there, your recruiter will be able to tell you what MOS's you qualify for. The Lioness Program is not an MOS.
    Another Marine can correct me on this if I'm wrong.....the Lioness Program is a program that you get recommended for. You really need to be one squared away Marine as there will be many other females wanting a chance to be in the same program. For more info on the Lioness Program, just do a google search.
    Until then, stay in school, get good grades....graduate and get your high school diploma, stay out of trouble, no tattoos, and sorry to say this, but don't get married and don't get pregnant.

Well there's a whole constructions and utilities contract that will get u outdoors and get you outdoors and possibly college credit. Different jobs wi get you more and there is other military and civilian education opertunities once your in. As for lioness programs I don't know about that but it probably isn't mos specific

The Lioness Program ended awhile ago and has since been replaced by the Female Engagement Teams, then something else I don't remember. Anyway those programs are now over with in AFG as their role has been replaced by ANSF.

Thank you for the input! With a little bit of help I've found out more about MOS's, and I was wondering what being a combat engineer (1371) entitles? Since the Lioness Program (or whatever it's referred to as now) is something you do get recommended for, and not something you sign up for when you enlist, I don't need to know anything else about that. One last question that I have is what the MOS (600 I think) communications entitles also? Thanks again!

This will give you an idea of what each MOS is about.....and as I mentioned in my previous post, find out when you can take the ASVAB, and from there, your recruiter will be able to tell you what MOS's you qualify for.

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors
    Main Menu

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...marinejobs.htm

Thanks for all the help to the users! I've got time, and I've looked up a few MOS's that I might enjoy doing if I can get an ASVAB score high enough! Thanks to everyone who've helped me!

Thread Information