99 on the ASVAB
Create Post

Thread: 99 on the ASVAB

99 on the ASVAB

Back in September I took the ASVAB and received a 99 AFQT with 140+ on all of the line scores. This December, several young Marines came home on RA and I had the chance to talk to several of them. One of the Marines informed me that he got a 99 on the ASVAB as well and that it was highly likely that when I got to boot that I would have to take a reconfirmation test.

My question is, can any of you Marines confirm the validity of that statement, or was he just blowing smoke up my azz?

Thanks in advance Marines for any info

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-16-13 at 12:46 PM.

Never heard of such a thing but that does not mean it won't happen.

Thanks Tennessee, any other Marines?

joined early 2011, i havent heard of any forces retakes. And Ive talked to guys with 90's plus scores.

I didnt hear of anyone during my cycle or any rumors of anyone having to retake the asvab.

Nope, no retest - be prepared to be voluntold to be scribe, squad leader, or even guide due to your scores

i got a 99, no reconfirmation test, and as for scribe and guide, those were determined by who had a college degree/who did the mos pullups respectively, asvab scores never factored into anything in my platoon at least

That guy's probably messing with you. No one cares that you have good grammar skills and are good at math. That's not going to help you unless you still study and train for your MOS. Don't look for reasons to bring up your ASVAB score. It makes you look pretentious and doesn't matter once your at MOS school.

Signed,

Someone Else w/ a 99

Thread Information