Enlisting with a GED?
Create Post

Enlisting with a GED?

I'm going down Monday to take the first part of my GED, and once I get the test's out of the way i'm going to be enlisting the the USMC. Are they currently accepting GED enlistees? I called up the recruiting office not to long ago and they told me to come in once I get the diploma so they could "further evaluate" me. I'm not sure what this means, but I have no criminal record or health issues. Are there any recruiter or people with recent experience enlisting that can offer advice? BTW, I took practice GED and practice ASVAB tests online and found them to be quite easy, so i'm not worried about the education part.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You will also need at least 15 college courses, level 100 or higher to be able to enlist. Even then it isn't a guarantee, you are going up against many other wannabes that recruiters don't have to deal with getting waivers and extra paperwork for

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Let me correct josephd's ordinarily accurate responses: You will need a minimum of 15 college CREDITS (100 level or higher) to go along with that GED. A GED alone puts you into Tier II and the Corps only recruits a maximum of 5% from that category nationwide. Note I said a maximum of 5%. The college credits put you into Tier I.

With the Corps downsizing, the likelihood of recruiting a full 5% of Tier II is very low since Tier I applicants are lined up out of the door.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Let me correct josephd's ordinarily accurate responses: You will need a minimum of 15 college CREDITS (100 level or higher) to go along with that GED. A GED alone puts you into Tier II and the Corps only recruits a maximum of 5% from that category nationwide. Note I said a maximum of 5%. The college credits put you into Tier I.

With the Corps downsizing, the likelihood of recruiting a full 5% of Tier II is very low since Tier I applicants are lined up out of the door.
    My apologies, I wasn't aware it brought someone up to Tier I w/ the 15 credits.

You learn something new every day

Thread Information