Intel and the DLAB
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Angry Intel and the DLAB

Hey, this is my first post here but I've been lurking around the forums trying to find an answer to my question but its always vague and unclear. Basically, I signed an active duty contract and chose CM, AE, and DD in that order. The NCOIC told me that I'd need to get a TS/SCI which I'm aware of but I'd also need to take this DLAB and pass it. I was pretty shook about the TS/SCI so I set DD third and went for CM. Now I want to change my program to put DD first. Keeping in mind that straight after bootcamp there is only 2 jobs in the Intel field that I can get because of the rank I'd have which doesn't require the DLAB, just the TS/SCI. The NCOIC now tells me that he wont request a program change for me until I take and pass my DLAB and if I fail its "bye-bye to Intel." What I don't understand is that the only 2 jobs I can get don't require it. So what I would like to know CLEARLY is if I have to take and pass my DLAB for the intelligence field ?

Also I'm sorry of this was answered elsewhere, I definitely couldn't find it.
    Thank you!

Similar Threads:

DEFENSE LANGUAGE APTITUDE BATTERY TEST REQUIREMENT FOR MARINES IN OCCUPATIONAL FIELDS 02XX AND 26XX

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Pu...201550_25A.pdf

Last edited by Lisa 23; 11-22-12 at 09:13 AM.

The security clearance will be required for any Intel job within the Marine Corps, obviously. Now, you do NOT have to pass the DLAB for the DD contract, you only HAVE to pass for a DC, however you do have to at least take it. Even if you fail you can still go DD, you just must at least have a score on record.

For the record, by the way, I don't know what you've been told but with DD there are five possible jobs. Two in the 02xx (Intel Analyst and Geographical Intel Analyst) and three in the 26xx (Signals Intel 21, 31, 51). Don't know what you were talking about by "rank you would have only gives two options" but it doesn't make a difference for any of the five whether you're Pvt/PFC.

Rah.

im a 2621, Sigint. Im not a linguist so the DLAB didnt really affect me, except my recruiter asked if I wanted to go Crypto linguist since it had a bonus(which i declined as I didnt want to learn russian/arabic... etc)

My recruiter had me take the dlab while in the DEP and got a 110 meaning I meet the cut off for a linguist. I believe 100 or so is the minimum they want for hard to learn languages like arabic/russian/korean (the DLAB isnt a pass or fail, it judges your ability to learn a new language) if your 80/90 or below it means you likely will have a harder time learning a new language so they may not want to let you become a linguist or will need a waiver.

even if you BOMB the DLAB it shouldnt affect your ability to get a clearance, or any MOS that isnt linguist/interpreter

Thread Information