What's motivation in boot camp?
Create Post

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Moto Platoon doesn't exist anymore. It used to be a special platoon that recruits needing "extra" motivation were sent. It wasn't a jail, but it was misery. If there was a way to make boot camp more wretched, Moto Platoon was that way.

They used to have one-day Moto sessions where a recruit didn't have to be dropped and they just got a short taste. Or, if I remember correctly, you could go for the full two-week session. Recruits going to the full Moto were dropped from their platoons and had to pickup new platoons if they made it through Moto.

The next stop on the screw-up trail was Correctional Custody Platoon, which was jail at hard labor (think making little rocks out of big rocks). Then getting kicked out with a less than Honorable discharge of some sort.

The Corps used to play hard ball with recruits who didn't want to play by the rules. If you wanted out, there was a path of misery to travel first.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember our entire platoon being threatened with Motivation Plt (two-four at a time). Straightened everyone right up. Back then I believe they could keep you motivating for as long as it took to get your mind right. Wasn't any easy way out! I recall boots running the boondocks humping .50cal water cooled, ala Iron Mike! Looked like no where I wanted to go! Also weak body, fat body, CCP and may have been others. I know I didn't want anything to lengthen my stay at beautiful PI!

Thread Information