Who's Report Do You Believe?
Create Post

Who's Report Do You Believe?

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
    There is a great old song often sung in my former church Pastor Benny Hinn led called "Whose report will you believe?"
    The song goes like this:
    "Whose report will you believe?"
    "We shall believe the report of the Lord!" 2X
    "His report says I am healed!"
    "His report says I am free!"
    "His report says victory!"
    Be encouraged! What you are going through is nothing new. There is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9).
    The devil always goes after the point man and will try every avenue of attack. If he cannot lie to and deceive you than he will go through people close to you who you think are reputable to try to persuade and detour you.
    The devil could not get Jesus (Matthew 4; Luke 4) so Satan departed "for a season" until a better opportunity or angle presented itself to maneuver and get at Jesus (Luke 4:13).
    When Jesus was going to go to the cross to be crucified for the sins of the world, Peter (not being mindful of the things of God, but the things of men ....specifically that which was most advantageous for Peter) tried to stop Him from doing so (Matthew 16:21-22). Jesus said to Peter and essentially the spirit motivating him to oppose Christ: "Satan get behind me! You are an offence to me: for you are seeking the things of men, not the things of God." (v.23)
    Satan filled the heart of Judas one of Jesus' chosen twelve disciples to betray Christ (John 13:2).
    It seems in these last days while many are being governed by cultural immorality, media trends and making a name for themselves ....sadly many in the church do not "know what spirit they are of" or following (Luke 9:54-55).
    The sons of Bilhah and Zilpah polluted the mind of young Joseph who in turn brought the "evil report" back to his father Jacob, the patriarch of the twelve tribes of Israel (Genesis 37:2).
    "You shall not raise a false report: do not put your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness." (Exodus 23:1)
    Essentially the word wicked is where we get the word wicker (in retan furniture) meaning to twist. The wicked know the truth but twist it to manipulate and push their own agenda and self-will.
    One of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (Exodus 20:16)
    Jesus was well aware of human nature, their sinful tendencies and unruly tongues with which they devour men. Therefore Jesus asked Peter, "Who do men say that I am?" (Matthew 16:13) Then Jesus got a bit closer to home asking Peter, "Who do you say that I am?" (v.15)
    Joshua and Caleb were fully believing God to possess the promised land and ready to go up at once to take it (Numbers 13:30).
    The majority of the people, the unbelieving believers that is, said: "We are not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land.....seeing themselves as grasshoppers in their own sight." (v.31-33)
    What was the result of the evil report of those who Moses sent to search and report back the condition of the land? The men made all the congregation to murmur and slander the land (Numbers 14:36).
    Some of the negativity you are getting is most likely coming from a spirit working in people, possibly unbeknownst to themselves (Ephesians 2:1-2; 6:12). Another possible source of negativity and less than enthusiastic reactions you are getting has very likely come from one or a few murmuring and spreading evil reports.
    Scripture says "One sinner can destroy much good." (Ecclesiastes 9:18) And "a root of bitterness can defile many." (Hebrews 12:15) People who do not walk in God's grace are not gracious in their speech and thus tend toward judgmentalism and slander (Luke 4:22; Colossians 4:6).
    Those who swallowed the evil report and spread it were considered evil themselves in the eyes of the Lord. God said, "I the Lord have said it and will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die." (Numbers 14:35) These who brought the evil report died by the plague (v.37).
    But Joshua and Caleb were among those who went to search the land but were of a different spirit and followed God fully (not half-heartedly as most in the Christian country clubs of today). Joshua and Caleb God exalted to lead, live and possess the promised land. (Numbers 14:38,24)
    The negative unbelieving believers unbeknownst to themselves were tempting and belittling God and refused to listen to His voice considering their own voices more important (Numbers 14:22-23).
    Murmurers and complainers ultimately are primarily and solely concerned with their own lusts, what is best for them and most advantageous for their situation (Jude 1:16).
    Murmurers and complainers inward battle cry "What is best for me, myself and I?" (Exodus 14:12; Numbers 14:3) The will of God, Name of God, kingdom of God means nothing to them. (Matthew 6:9-10,33)
    Unbelieving believers prefer the status quo, the safety of economic enslavement to Egypt, and are not interested in living by faith to inherit the promised land. They would rather continually go in circles and die in the wilderness (Numbers 14:12). They don't want to go to the mountain to be with God, let Moses do that for us and tell us what God is saying (Exodus 20:18-21).
    Evil reports weaken the hearts of God's people and cause them to transgress (1Samuel 2:24).
    "Be not deceived; evil communications corrupt good morals." (1 Corinthians 15:33)
    What you tolerate will dominate!
    The devil is very clever so if he cannot get you to succumb to blatant criticism, fear tactics and slander ...then he will come as a wolf in sheep's clothing appearing religious and give you a "spiritual" prophecy and word of "direction." (Matthew 4:5-6) Remember while Christians watch TV the devil reads the Bible and does his homework (Psalm 91:9-12).
    The man of God Nehemiah who was rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem and Shemaiah a "religious person" wanted to have a meeting with Nehemiah in private. Shemaiah was wanting Nehemiah to go into hiding and be careful lest he lose his life. Basically Shemaiah was wanting Nehemiah to stop God's work and to just cower in a state of fear and perpetual concern for himself....trying to shift the focus off of God and His work onto Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 6:10-11)
    Nehemiah did not bow to the spirit of fear for one moment and immediately discerned in himself that God had NOT sent Shemaiah "the religious man." Nevertheless Shemaiah was quick to give a "spiritual" prophecy against Nehemiah because he was a hired gun doing the work of Tobiah and Sanballat (Nehemiah 6:12-13).
    Sanballat and Tobiah were hoping to throw Nehemiah into a state of fear and confusion so he would draw back from the work of God.
    "The light of the eyes rejoices the heart: and a good report makes the bones fat." (Proverbs 15:30)
    Conversely an evil false report decayeth and rottens the bones. (Proverbs 12:4; 14:30; 17:22)
    "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24)
    "Hear the word of the Lord, you scornful men....who have made lies your refuge and under falsehood have hid yourselves... Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies.... And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand." (Isaiah 28:14-18)
    " ...and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report. For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it." (Isaiah 28:19-20) ....In other words those who are seemingly trying to "cover" and protect you .....God is saying they themselves are coming up short and are unable to do so because they don't have the depth and wherewithal to do so.
    "The Lord will do His work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act. Now therefore do not be mockers, lest your bands be made strong..." (Isaiah 28:21-22)
    "This also comes forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working." (Isaiah 28:29)
    "Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?" (Isaiah 53:1)
    "For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side." (Jeremiah 20:10) ...interesting to see where the fear comes from and when....after the words are spoken.
    Likewise faith "comes by hearing" words (Romans 10:17). Yet not all believed the report, nor obeyed the gospel (Romans 10:16).
    Even kings can be adversely effected by words. - "The king of Babylon has heard the report of them, and his hands waxed feeble: anguish took hold of him, and pangs as of a woman in travail." (Jeremiah 50:43)
    "But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: that the saying of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" (John 12:37-38)
    "Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, if any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)
    So beware! Words are channels of spirit and life or death and destruction (see John 6:63).
    Thank God for His Word to help us discern between spirit, soul and body; to enable us to examine motives; and to direct us when confusion would try to thwart our purpose and kill our passion.
    If God be for you who can be against you? Only believe and you will see the glory of God!
    Paul Davis is author of Breakthrough for a Broken Heart a book telling us "How to overcome disappointments and blossom into your dreams!" He is a minister, life coach (relational & professional), dating expert, popular worldwide keynote speaker, creative consultant, humor being, adventurer, explorer, mediator, liberator and dream-maker.
    Paul's compassion for people & passion to travel has taken him to over 55 countries of the world where he has had a tremendous impact. Paul has also brought revival to many in war-torn, impoverished and tsunami stricken regions of the earth. His nonprofit organization Dream-Maker Ministries is building dreams and breaking limitations.
    Paul's Breakthrough Seminars inspire, revive, awaken, impregnate with purpose, impart the fire of desire, catapult people into a new level of self-awareness, facilitate destiny discovery and dream fulfillment.
    info@PaulFDavis.com
    http://www.PaulFDavis.com
    407-967-7553